Sealed all-in-one liquid-cooling systems are safe, effective, and easy to install. Here's how to buy and install a closed-loop liquid cooler.
PC Components - Tutorials
How to set up a PC lighting controller, deck out your case with LED light strips and an RGB fan, and use lighting controller software to mange the show.
We'll show you how to tweak your PC's settings in order to wring extra performance from your CPU, and avoid a costly upgrade.
AMD told us with its review sample that running the RyzenMaster overclocking and monitoring app while performing tests can make the test run slower (thereby proving a Quantum Theory) and they are correct.
AMD has been very excited about its new Ryzen processor which we were told offers 8 cores, superior performance and all at a superior price to Intel. We were hoping these claims were true as the lack of competition in this space has seen technology j...
Upgrading your PC's RAM is one way to make your computer feel far more snappy. Here's how to do it.
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
In case you haven't noticed, memory prices have dropped through the floor. As such, I've been busily upgrading every computer I can get my hands on. For example, my 2009 MacBook Pro has been maxed-out to 8GB, which involved buying two 4GB SODIMM modu...
QUESTION: I bought an ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics card, but my motherboard doesn't recognise it. When I plug the monitor cable into the graphics card, the screen goes blank; when I put the monitor cable back into the onboard graphics card slot, the s...
Building your own PC may seem to be difficult or a waste of time but it has many advantages.
Several keys on reader skyDX's keyboard stopped functioning. He asked the Desktops forum for help.
QUESTION: I want to use touch to control my Windows 7 Home Premium PC. Is it as simple as plugging in a touchscreen display? I'd also like to view a 3D image - will I need a new graphics card?
Happy Clean-Your-Keyboard Day! Okay, I made that up, but think about it: when was the last time you did anything with your keyboard besides drop cookie crumbs on it?
So my dad was griping that his Acer Aspire 9300 laptop takes forever to boot. I inspected it for spyware, excessive startup programs, and the other usual suspects, but everything checked out.
Even accomplished geeks shy away from motherboard upgrades on their main PCs. Years ago, I would often upgrade gaming and test systems in my own basement lab, but keep chugging along with a production machine using a two-year-old motherboard and CPU.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
- AMD Threadripper exclusive: Only Alienware's Area-51 will have it in 2017
- Intel's revealed the Core i9 ship dates, but you won't like them
- Hands-on: Creative Labs' Sound BlasterX AE-5 ups the audio for gamers
- Logitech's Powerplay mousepad wirelessly charges your mouse while you use it
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTest AnalystVIC
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- CCCloud Architect - AWSVIC
- CCSAP Trainer l Start before the 1st JulyNSW
- FTProject Officer - Records Management , contract administrationOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCvRealize Solution DesignerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneOther
- FTPHP Developer / Software EngineerNSW
- FTAgile Test LeadOther
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- FTWintel Engineer - Level 1 and 2 ServerOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTUnix/Linux Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business Consultant - FinanceQLD
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther