We love our gadgets, but sometimes they frustrate us, especially if they're slow. There's nothing worse than PCs that have lost their pep, or slow network connections and sluggish smartphones.
PC Components - Tutorials
Peter's motherboard died. How can he retrieve the data on his hard drive?
When we're trying to concentrate, there's nothing more irritating than a noisy, overheating computer. Follow our tips to get a quiet life and save energy in the process.
We all know that the GPU (graphics processing unit) in modern computers is essentially responsible for everything you see on your screen. Both Windows Vista and Windows 7 can use the GPU to render the desktop, taking advantage of 3D acceleration feat...
Utter the word “firmware” to the average PC user, and you'll likely elicit a blank stare in return.
Pinkston32 discovered about 20 missing or corrupt drivers messing up his system. He asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/community/troubleshooting/answerline">Answer Line forum</a> what to do.
The central processing unit (CPU) in a computer might receive the lion's share of attention when it comes to overclocking, but it isn't the only PC component you can tweak. Vendors regularly overclock the GPU (graphics processing unit) of a graphics ...
Many of our readers have asked how to boot from a flash drive and work on your documents from there. We explain how it's done.
It happens to all of us: You turn on your system and see the stomach-churning "disk not found" error. It's really not surprising considering hard drives fail -- more often than you might think.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
- AMD Threadripper exclusive: Only Alienware's Area-51 will have it in 2017
- Intel's revealed the Core i9 ship dates, but you won't like them
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistsACT
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- FTSolution Architect - PermanentQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware and Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- FTSoftware Asset Management Co-ordinatorOther
- FTFinance Manager / Finance Lead - CPA qualifiedOther
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTData Analytics & Visualisation Analyst - SQL, TABLEAU, VBAOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerceOther
- FTL1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FTSAP ABAP DEVELOPMENT LEAD- NSW GovernmentOther