GPS stands for Global Positioning System. The system is made up of more than two dozen satellites that orbit the Earth. A GPS receiver can use these satellites to pinpoint your location, usually to an accuracy of 10m or better.
Mobility & Wireless
You’ve probably heard about the latest notebook craze: mini-laptops called netbooks. Netbooks are small and not very powerful laptops that can be used for basic tasks such as word processing, watching videos, listening to music, browsing the Internet...
With the current financial year drawing nearer to a close, retail stores everywhere are proclaiming offering massive savings. Although most new mobile phones are sold as part of a contract plan, there are plenty of bargains and special deals popping ...
As technology and communications begin to converge, the focus is increasingly placed upon multifunction devices, such as the modern smartphone.
With more bandwidth and endless multimedia possibilities, 3G mobile phones are leaving 2G in the dust.
If you have multiple computers around the home or office and want to network them together to share an ADSL Internet connection then this guide is for you.
Want to get your life in order? Then a personal digital assistant (PDA) could be the right product for you.
They're everywhere and everyone has them. So unless you want to remain in the dark ages, check out our buyer's guide to Mobile Phones.
Digital video editing on your computer has come a long way. Home movies are simple and even advanced features are at most users fingertips.
Follow this guide to learn everything about wireless networking. Whether you're connecting to a wireless hotspot or sending data from your PC to a handheld computer we have all the tips you need to get the most out of this technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- How to secure your CMS without patching
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- CCServiceNow SpecialistQLD
- CCApplications Software EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Project Manager - Data Centre TransformationOther
- CCTraining specialistNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Automation AnalystACT
- FTSenior Analyst/Delivery LeadOther
- FTApplication Tester & Quality Assurance AnalystOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTLead UX/UI DesignerOther
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTUX / UI DeveloperVIC
- CCNet IQ IDAM - SMENSW
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP Utilities Functional LeadOther
- CCAgile Delivery SpecialistACT
- CCPerformance Test Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantOther
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerOther
- FTDigital Content Producer and CopywriterOther