Big names are coming to mobile video after a slow start for a service that has been touted as a perfect use for fast 3G (third-generation) networks.
Mobility & Wireless
Motions are underway for the development of an updated network and cost model for the supply of Mobile Terminating Access Services (MTAS) in Australia, which is expected to come into effect 1 July this year.
Europe's biggest mobile phone networks will meet at the 3GSM conference next week to discuss uniting to form their own search engine to rival U.S. giants such as Google and Yahoo.
Social interaction, rather than function, is the force behind young adults' burgeoning use of text messaging, claims a new study conducted by the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University in Canada.
Silicon vendor Broadcom has put Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and an FM radio on a single 65nm CMOS chip. The device should cut the cost -- and power demands -- of Wi-Fi enabled phone handsets, and hasten converged phone services.
Apple and Cisco Systems have pushed back a deadline in their legal battle over the iPhone in order to keep working toward a settlement.
Unfazed by Telstra's high-profile national Next G mobile network, competing carrier Optus has announced plans to build a nationwide 3G network to cover 95 percent of the population.
Blockbuster mobile phone sales during the holiday season last year propelled shipments to over one billion for all of 2006, market researcher IDC said Thursday.
Multinational mobile handset makers may be dabbling with Linux-powered phones for Asia and the US, but the Australian market has been largely ignored, that is until OpenMoko arrives later this year.
Intel conducted a live demonstration of its WiMax broadband wireless capability for attendees of Interop Tuesday, offering high-speed Internet access over a 500-square-mile area around Las Vegas.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- Russia will strike US elections again, FBI warns
- ASIC to offer blockchain guidance to businesses
- Qantas to back startups in innovation push
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTProgram Learning Capability Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTInfrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup SystemsNSW
- CCMEAN Stack Developer - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTArchitect (Technical)NSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- TPSenior Performance TesterQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Data Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTLead Network Project ManagerNSW