We visited Cisco’s new Office in North Sydney. And we were envious. In this open plan environment with over 450 employees, Cisco doesn’t run out of room despite technically only providing under 200 desks. People can work where they want, use meeting rooms when they want, use big 4K monitors and sit down on $1500 chairs – or business class-like aeroplane loungers.
Mobility & Wireless
Technology companies from all over the world descended on Barcelona, Spain for Mobile World Congress 2016. We were there to show you the best of the product releases from companies large and small. Photos by Chris Player who travelled to MWC as a guest of Huawei Australia.
Managing devices in a BYOD environment is no small feat, and the right mobile device management product is a key component in making it work. Here are 10 top MDM vendors in the market today.
These tablets have extra security features that will keep your work safe and your IT pros happy.
Fujitsu's Stylistic Q550 is not a tablet designed for consumers. In fact, Fujitsu doesn't even want you to call it a tablet (a label it reserves for its tablet-convertible range of notebooks); it's a slate device. It has a 10in dual-digitiser screen, runs the 32-bit version of Windows 7 Professional and is powered by an Intel Atom Z670 CPU.
Share, save and savor all things social with these nine free Google Android apps, hand-picked by CIO.com's mobile maestro, Al Sacco.
Seven ways the iPad 2 is better than Motorola Xoom
Are you considering the iPad 2 as your first iPad? An iPad, unplugged, is a welcome contrast to the communications-driven iPhone. Take our tour of cool apps that take advantage of the iPad's leisurely user experience.
Following the formation of AUSSAT by the Australian Government in 1981, a government owned company designed to own and operate the national satellite system, Australia’s first two satellites are launched in 1985, providing domestic satellite services, in particular remote & rural TV broadcasting.
The iPhone is a useful tool for businesses, and there are some excellent tools available to help you be more productive. Check out a selection of iPhone business apps from the iTunes App Store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- BlackBerry wins $815 million in overpaid royalty to Qualcomm
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataOther
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTPayroll Project ManagerOther
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTProgram ManagerSA
- FTPractice Director Development – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTSystems Engineer SCCMACT
- FTSenior .Net Full Stack DeveloperOther
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- CCTest LeadWA
- TPProcurement Specialist - ITQLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneOther