The data center may seem a big place, but watts are watts: Every one you use costs you money. Two firewalls in a high-availability pair may not be the biggest power expense in a computer room, but that's no excuse to waste wattage.
Networking & VoIP
We tested the OSPF-routing capabilities of the UTM devices in order to simulate the kind of multiple-exit network (two Internet gateways) that might be common in a large network.
One of the appliances we received was simply an off-the-shelf server (IBM's System x3650). Other devices ranged from very lightly customized (Secure Computing put an IPS accelerator board and a customized BIOS in a Dell box to yield its Sidewinder 21...
The high-availability (HA) and scalability features in the enterprise UTM firewalls we tested range from very fancy to dead simple.
Despite the fact that VPNs and firewalls have been residing on the same box for over seven years, our testing of both of the site-to-site and remote access VPN capabilities showed an astonishing variation on the quality of VPN implementations.
Welcome to Network World Chats. Our guest today is Jeff Doyle, celebrity author, Cisco Subnet blogger and networking guru. He has come prepared to answer your questions on all things routing.
Here's a riddle for you: What's the difference between a desktop PC and a ball and chain?
The 80,000-square-foot building will double the size of the SDSC's facilities; besides an additional 5,000 square feet of data-center space, the expansion will house classrooms, offices, meeting rooms and a 250-seat auditorium.
The U.S. Naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, notorious as the prison for enemy combatants, poses a lot of other thorny problems, including a copper communications infrastructure extremely unfriendly to high-speed networking.
Since Windows Vista has been released to the public, there has been a lot of confusion and hype surrounding some of the licensing decisions and restrictions with which Microsoft Corp. saddled the operating system and its many versions. Additionally, ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- Seagate and Baidu sign strategic cooperation agreement for big data analysis
- Western Digital Announces Acquisition of Upthere
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTSystems Engineer (data centre)Other
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC
- CCLinux System AdministrationVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCIntegration Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- FTFinancial Analyst- Construction backgroundOther
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- CCDynamics AX Functional Consultant ? Finance | Supply ChainQLD
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCAPI Developer - ApigeeVIC
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTTechnical Services AdministratorVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA