In spite of the fact that the net neutrality proposal that Google and Verizon published on Aug. 9 was not much like what the rumor mill predicted as late as the day before, the proposal sure has kicked off a lot of controversy.
Networking & VoIP
It's safe to say that Senator Stephen Conroy, the federal communications minister, has upset a lot of people in the IT community with his push for mandatory Internet filtering. Although it may seem remote, the thought of him being unseated at the upc...
So this guy at AirTight Networks says Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 has a "hard shell on the outside, but a soft underbelly inside"due to an overlooked vulnerability, and an attacker can decrypt traffic that's been encrypted with WPA2. Is this total panic...
The world is almost out of IP addresses--or at least it's almost out of the IPv4 addresses that IT admins and users are most familiar with. Fortunately, IPv6 has been developed to exponentially expand the pool of available IP addresses while also pro...
On Friday, three of Australia's largest internet service providers simultaneously announced they would filter some internet content from ever reaching their customers.
Cisco gets down to business with its Cius business tablet that will let you perform video conferencing and is optimized for apps such as WebEx Meeting Center.
Shopping for mobile broadband can be an arduous task — with so many plans, pricing and data offers, it can quickly become a confusing task. We've compared some of the leading post-paid mobile broadband providers to find the best bang for your b...
The countdown to the first National Broadband Network (NBN) services is well and truly underway in Tasmania with Internet service providers iPrimus, Internode and iiNet all announcing pricing for their residential fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) services in...
Shopping for mobile broadband can be an arduous task; with so many plans, pricing and data offers, it can quickly become confusing. In anticipation of the fast-approaching end of the financial year -- perhaps now's the time to splurge on a starter ki...
Apple is expected to announce its fourth-generation iPhone hardware on Monday that will include a forward-facing camera that can be used for video chat, allowing real-time wireless videoconferencing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- How to secure your CMS without patching
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Product ManagerQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- FTLead UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTUnix Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Project ManagerOther
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FT.Net Developer (Senior)WA
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther