The IEEE 802.11n Working Group this week approved draft 2.0 of the standard, paving the way for 100+Mbps wireless LAN products as early as the middle of this year.
Networking & VoIP
Microsoft plans to purchase Tellme Networks in an effort to bolster its voice services portfolio and add speech recognition to a broad range of its software and online services, the company said Wednesday.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is working with Nokia to polish the hand-over of voice calls between corporate wireless LANs and public mobile phone networks, a Siemens executive said Wednesday.
As part of what is shaping up to be another hotly contested land-rush between the two, Microsoft and IBM used last week's VoiceCon conference to mark their territory in a race to provide unified communications technology to corporate users.
Optus has stepped forward as the first major telco to offer VoIP to the SMB sector with its announcement of two new VoIP services set to launch later this year.
With the walls between IT domains crumbling, companies increasingly are putting in place policies, processes and technologies that serve the twofold purpose of managing and securing networks.
Two men have been arrested in the U.S. for allegedly defrauding Cisco of millions of dollars by obtaining valuable replacement parts on false pretenses.
Microsoft will release a public beta of new VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) server software by the end of this month.The software smoothly integrates with legacy phone networks and its Office application suite, the company said.
Remote areas across Australia still without broadband Internet access are set to benefit from $162.5 million in additional funds in the form a federal government Broadband Guarantee announced today.
NEC has produced what it claims is the next generation of thin clients. And with it comes high expectations: it is hoping its newly launched product will help it more than double its revenues in Australia over the next three years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCChange / Communications AnalystNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analysts - Benefits RealisationACT
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC