Two network infrastructure vendors launched free management software tools at the VoiceCon show this week, with the aim of simplifying the setup of IP desktop phones and carrier VOIP services.
Networking & VoIP
Researchers in the U.S. say they've successfully shown how attackers could compromise a network designed to make it harder to trace Internet surfers and the Web sites they are viewing.
Riverbed Technology is adding SSL support to its Steelhead WAN optimization gear, making it possible to accelerate a potentially large volume of network traffic that the equipment couldn't get at before.
The biggest obstacle Greg Baxter had to overcome when deploying a new VoIP network in the NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS) office was convincing his senior executives.
It may be too early to talk plug-and-play but IBM believes it can help businesses of all sizes easily cluster their servers to handle intensive computing workloads.
Cisco Systems' Linksys division thinks small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) should have some of the same features enterprises get, such as backup power and virtualization, when they attach storage to their networks.
Twenty-five schools in fourteen countries around the world have been given a cultural infusion with the use of videoconferencing in the classroom. The schools are all a part of the Global Run Project, which aims to demonstrate how schools can integra...
Avaya said on Thursday that it will develop communications solutions for small business that combine Google's updated Apps Premier Edition suite of Web applications with its own IP telephony technology.
Cisco says it is not releasing its NAC client software code to the open source community, nor does the company have plans to exit the endpoint security client business, despite a Cisco executive telling the contrary to the media earlier this month.
A new application from Raketu Communications aims to integrate IPTV (Internet Protocol television) with social networking, two of the Internet's hip technologies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Vulnerability hits Intel enterprise PCs going back 10 years
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- FTLevel 2 and 3 Server EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTApplication Service AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTProject OfficerSA
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTFront End Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTManager - Program Management Office (PMO)Other
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- TPPMO ManagerQLD