Microsoft has released the final version of its new IM (instant message) client optimized for Windows Vista.
PC World Business
As customers line up to buy new PCs capable of running Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS, vendors like Dell and Hewlett-Packard (HP) are preparing to process a surge of discarded, outmoded computers.
Sony's core electronics business more than doubled profits in the last quarter of 2006, but failed to offset price cuts to its PlayStation 3 game console, leading to an overall profit decline of just over 5 per cent.
An Internet-based provider of sexually explicit entertainment has agreed to pay a US$465,000 civil penalty for sending unwanted e-mail, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission announced Tuesday.
Telecom New Zealand announced today it had reached an agreement to acquire 100 percent of ASX-listed voice and data carrier PowerTel.
Trend Micro introduced an updated version of its client-server messaging security software package for small-to-midsize business, adding antispyware protection for the desktop.
European businesses are being urged to fight against the imposition of a Microsoft-led standard that, it is claimed, will cripple competition and lead to increased costs for business.
The annual Demo 2007 conference in Palm Desert, California, this week will lay bare for an audience of venture capitalists the results of thousands of hours of blood, sweat, and tears on the part of hardware and software engineers.
Seagate Technology and Motorola have invested in the portable storage market, hoping to meet a rising need by users of cell phones and smartphones to carry gigabytes of digital photos and music in their pockets.
Devicescape Software says it has a solution for the problem of using Wi-Fi hot spots with devices that don't have browsers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google partners with PayPal to bring new checkout options for Android Pay
- Expect prices for PCs and mobile devices to rise this year
- Facebook may use Messenger to push into retail payments
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- PTPart-time Cisco EngineerWA
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTProject OfficerSA
- CCData Warehouse Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTOAM Specialist | 3-6mth ContractOther
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- TPSAP Training Officer - FinanceQLD
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - PermanentWA
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTDirector ICT Programme Management Office – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdOther
- FTApplication Solution ArchitectOther