The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, the Australian body which deals with customer complaints about ISPs, has released a brochure intended to advise Internet users on access problems.
PC World Business
Compaq has announced a second-quarter loss of $US184 million and has said it will reduce its workforce by 6000 to 8000 employees.
Logitech today launched its QuickCam Express, a $99 digital video camera that lets PC users record video and take still photos.
Spike Networks' newly created division Spike Internet Radio will launch a 24-hour, seven-days-a-week online radio station targeting the international "hard-core urban youth culture", says the company.
Dell has announced the launch of its Dimension XPS T desktop PC featuring a 600MHz Pentium III processor, Intel's latest chip release.
Hackers looking to get away from it all, and at the same time hone their skills, will be setting up tents in a field near Berlin next week as part of a three-day event sponsored by Germany's premiere hacker group, the Chaos Computer Club.
The first official specification for Bluetooth, a wireless technology for providing high-speed connections between mobile computers, telephones and other networked devices, has been released by companies backing the effort.
A new software program developed by US-based MetaCreations enables users to easily create interactive and photo-realistic 3D models from 2D images, for use on the Web.
"We don't want to chat," appears to be the latest instant message America Online is sending to Microsoft and Yahoo. Evidently, Microsoft's MSN portal and Yahoo are off AOL's buddies list when it comes to AOL's enormously popular Instant Messenger ser...
The next consumer Windows operating system, already enshrouded by Microsoft with the catch phrase, "It just works", is expected to be released next year.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Jobs for NSW backs fintech accelerator
- Open data demands a double-edged sword for fintechs, ANZ says
- Aussie fintech startup secures $US3 million investment funding
- Australia could become the FinTech Hub of Asia
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip organisationNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- TPTechnical WriterVIC
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- TPIT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk Operators (Part time and Full Time)SA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Network Security EngineerACT
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTSenior Security AnalystACT
- FTIT SpecialistACT
- FT.Net Developer - Mid-levelNSW
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW