You can walk into your local computer dealer and buy an EIDE hard drive with up to 28GB of storage. That may seem large, but hard drive makers are working hard to make it look puny.
PC World Business
PC makers who try to combine Intel's high-end Pentium III processor with an upcoming chipset designed for low-cost PCs could run into problems, an Intel official acknowledged today.
Iomega has announced that it will ship a new high-capacity removable storage device for notebooks. The lightweight, 5mm-thick Clik PC Card Drive fits into the PC Card slot of most notebook and subnotebook computers, and uses 40MB Clik disks.
Logitech has released a new $99 mouse that incorporates both a scroll wheel and cordless radio technology.
A new service launched by Quicken.com.au is hoping to snare current or potential users of the Commonwealth Bank's online stockbroking service, Commonwealth Securities.
Acer is continuing to target the road warrior market with the launch today of the latest update to its notebook range -- the TravelMate 330.
Sony and Hewlett-Packard, in a bid to set a standard for rewritable storage systems, have announced they will begin selling the world's first DVD+RW (digital versatile disk + rewritable) drives.
With all this Internet growth, somebody has to build those Web pages. Market research company IDC says revenues from sales of worldwide Web authoring and design software hit $US243 million in 1998.
Portal leader Yahoo has completed its $US4 billion acquisition of community site GeoCities, absorbing more than 4 million Web homesteaders but jettisoning about two-thirds of the GeoCities staff.
A Trojan horse disguised as a new screensaver is being distributed as spam e-mail over the Internet. Called BackDoor G, the Trojan horse provides an individual with surreptitious access to the client system. Antivirus vendors are advising users to up...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSenior Performance TesterQLD
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Infrastructure ProjectQLD
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Change Analyst/ Change ManagerNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutions - www.class.com.auNSW
- TPLead TesterNSW
- CCData Migration ManagerQLD
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPDeployment OfficerQLD
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup SystemsNSW
- TPSolution ArchitechtSA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject MangerWA