Chip king Intel is branching into cyberspace with ambitious plans to become a major provider for Web hosting, storage and Internet content and services. The company will roll-out "bit factories" -- server farms -- worldwide over the next 12 months.
PC World Business
Lycos has launched its own online radio station -- Lycos Radio. It's not all altruistic though -- whilst listeners are viewing streaming video and still-images with the music, they'll be presented the opportunity to purchase related merchandise.
Last week's $1.49 billion hostile takeover bid by Cable & Wireless Optus for AAPT would seriously damage competition in Australia's telecommunications market if it succeeds, a leading industry analyst claims.
CIH 1.2 -- a fiercely destructive virus that may already be sitting dormant in the memory of computer users' systems, is expected to become active on Monday, April 26. Antivirus vendors have already updated their solutions to protect against CIH, whi...
Internet Names Australia has been selected as one of five companies in the world to test a new system for the registration of domain names. The new system is hoped to bring competition to the market and a possible decline in pricing.
Microsoft has identified three more "minor" year 2000 bugs in Windows 98 and will release fixes soon, the company has announced.
Pfeiffer blamed Compaq's recent dismal financial quarters on industry-wide pricing problems and low demand for PCs. Analysts however, say the writing was on the wall for the number one PC seller . . .
At Spring Comdex in Chicago this week, Bill Gates revealed that a consumer release of Windows 2000 will happen in the next 18 to 24 months.
Hewlett-Packard has taken its support of Linux to the next level, announcing plans for worldwide 24-hour support for the open source operating system. At a cost to customers, HP will offer support for all major Linux distributions, including Red Hat ...
The bubble may have burst. Internet stocks on US markets took a beating today, with the stock of many of the larger Internet companies falling by as much as 28 per cent. Among those, Excite, Cnet and America Online.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- Russia will strike US elections again, FBI warns
- ASIC to offer blockchain guidance to businesses
- Qantas to back startups in innovation push
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTICT Account Manager / ICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- CCApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCICT ManagerNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW