The term "disruptive," a common buzzword in tech journalism, is typically used to describe something that jars people out of existing ways of doing things, and provides them with both new ways to do the old things and new things to do. Weather-beaten...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Only a few weeks ago Dell was taking a beating over its tweener device, the Streak. But now ViewSonic is unveiling a similar mini tablet, the ViewPad 7, which is a phone with a 7-inch screen and 2.2 Android OS, or Froyo, cameras for front and back an...
Autodesk announced that it is bringing AutoCAD back to the Mac, and also adding AutoCAD apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
With more than a million units sold in its first month, it's pretty clear that Apple's iPad touchscreen tablet has been a success so far.
If Google is planning to launch a tablet device in the near future, it should bypass its embryonic Chrome OS and instead go with Android, the company's other mobile operating system that's taking the smartphone market by storm.
A German retailer has prematurely posted (and very quickly taken down) details and product shots of the upcoming Microsoft Arc Touch mouse. The Microsoft peripheral is innovative more in its form than its function, but along with the Apple Magic Trac...
The Apple iPad has been an unqualified success with consumers, but it's a harder sell in the businesse market.
After four platform previews aimed at demonstrating the power of the underlying Internet Explorer 9 engine to developers, Microsoft is ready to unveil a public beta of the on September 15. Many organizations are still struggling with the decision to ...
A network of hundreds of thousands of home computer users recently discovered a rare celestial object by donating their computers' downtime to a worthy cause.
For home and small office users, Canon's line-up of PIXMA inkjet printers offers a huge range of printing options and extra features at a variety of prices. Below we've rounded up the Canon PIXMA printers that have passed through our Test Centre.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTLead Agile Software TesterNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD