Nearly a year ago, Microsoft released Office 2007 to corporate users and so began the slow and methodical evaluation of the software (unless, of course, you were an early adopter).
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Macintosh fans can be a peculiar lot. They may follow Apple's every move with rapt attention, but they're not shy about sharing their thoughts when they think the company has fallen short. That even applies to such feverishly anticipated developments...
It's been two years, five months and 26 days since Apple last released a new operating system -- the longest gap between releases since the company first released Mac OS X six years ago. Mac OS X 10.5, better known as "Leopard," hits store shelves si...
The changes in Apple's Leopard touch every part of the Mac OS, including its built-in applications and its system tools. The tweaks made to the Safari Web browser, which has been out in beta form for months, have been well documented, and we won't go...
Since Apple first announced the initial 10 features of Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" in August 2006, the one that has captured the most interest of Macintosh fans is Time Machine. Apple has billed Time Machine as the backup tool for people who hate the tas...
With Halloween approaching I thought it appropriate to share some bewitching IT stories from some of the ghosts (those who want to remain anonymous) and goblins (proud to take credit for their ghoulish tales) belonging to Encompass,HP's largest enter...
Apple has made some major improvements in Leopard when it comes to creating and managing user accounts, file sharing and remote access. The biggest change, though, is something most Macintosh users may never see because it was accomplished so seamles...
Solid-state drives may replace hard drives as future storage devices on computers, but not until their price plummets.
If you're running Vista and you need a multifunction printer, Brother's MFC-5860CN might seem like a great choice. After all, it's proudly sold as "Certified for Windows Vista."
Buried deep within Windows' bosom is a carbon-crusted fossil from the ancient days of computing. This aged wart on Windows' soul harkens back to a more primitive time, when computers lacked the oomph to go graphical and mice were nothing but rodents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- How to secure your CMS without patching
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAccount ManagerNSW
- FTDrupal DeveloperQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTCloud & Office 365 Project ManagerOther
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager Staff AugmentationOther
- CCIT Service Desk SupportNSW
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTService Management Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTManager, Cyber SecurityOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- CCIT/OT Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTSenior Java Developer, FX, Low Latency, Pricing, TradingOther
- FTSolution Architect - PermanentQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, NetApp & Commvault BackUpVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW