The latest release of Firefox appeared as promised this afternoon BST on the Mozilla website, with the headline improvement being a claimed performance boost. It also comes with some bugs.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Microsoft will begin pushing Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to enterprises next month, the company announced this week.
Microsoft's Windows 7 Beta will start to spontaneously reboot every two hours beginning on Wednesday, the company has warned users.
Mobile carriers may start giving away netbooks for free, and Linux-based application stores could help them profit by doing it, the head of a Linux advocacy group told Chinese companies on Monday.
A top Microsoft executive today denied reports that European users will pay more for Windows 7 because of the company's wrangling with antitrust regulators.
Some small PC makers are paying a price for Windows 7 upgrades, but they have given a vote of confidence to the OS as it could deliver more profits by attracting buyers to purchase new systems.
Microsoft's limit on the number of computers eligible for free Windows 7 upgrades is "artificial" and "silly," an analyst said today, and may create just the situation the company hoped to avoid: stalled PC sales.
The ZigBee Alliance is working on a standard for products based on the wireless technology that can operate without batteries by harvesting energy from their environment, it said on Monday.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has returned to work on schedule after taking a six-month leave of absence due to medical issues, the company said on Monday.
A U.S. judge on Friday denied an IBM request that would have barred a former executive from working at Dell over concerns that he would misappropriate trade secrets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Vulnerability hits Intel enterprise PCs going back 10 years
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTDigital Project Manager / Product ManagerOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst | 12 month fixed term contractQLD
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCKnowledge/CSI ManagerACT
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPAgile Senior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA