Revenues from the sale of add-on video cards in the last three months of 2006 were down 15 per cent from the same quarter in 2005, as the delayed release of Windows Vista and ever-more-powerful integrated graphics processors took their toll on Nvidia...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
IBM researchers have showed a prototype optical transceiver chipset which they claim will allow people to download movies or share online data eight times faster than current technology allows.
Scientists at IBM's Zurich Research Laboratory have developed a glue-application technique used to assemble chips that will keep them running cooler, the company said.
U.S. transportation officials last week warned travellers to take precautions when flying with battery-powered gear such as laptops and cell phones after two in-flight fires involving batteries were reported in the last six weeks.
A new low-level PC management standard is brewing, one that may eventually enable IT managers to remotely diagnose and fix malfunctioning machines -- even those that are turned off or unable to boot.
The launch of Windows Vista won't do much for PC sales this year, a research firm said Tuesday, with the new Microsoft operating system giving "at best, a limited boost" to PC units shipped during 2007.
Although Apple's climb in computer market share has been largely fuelled by its laptop lineup, other PC makers have done even better at boosting global laptop sales, according to a research firm.
Samsung claims that its UbiSync LCD monitor is the world's first USB-connected display, and needs no graphics card. The 19-inch 1280x1024 screen uses a software graphics adapter which it downloads to the PC when it is plugged into a USB 2.0 port.
Fujitsu is fortifying two models in its notebook line by offering the option of solid state drives for rugged applications like health care and aviation.
Hewlett-Packard built on its lead over Dell in the global notebook PC market for the fourth quarter of 2006, and Acer increased its lead over fourth-place Toshiba, according to an analyst report released Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Vulnerability hits Intel enterprise PCs going back 10 years
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- CCBlack Belt - Improvement ManagerVIC
- CCDeveloper - ASP.Net - Sencha Ext JSVIC
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- FTLead Android DeveloperOther
- CCReporting Analyst - Telco Network Projects - Contract - North SydneyNSW
- FTSales AssociateACT
- CCNetwork Performance TesterNSW
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cloud BIOther
- FTIT Systems EngineerOther
- FTCommunications Lead/ManagerACT
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTChange ManagerNSW