IBM researchers have showed a prototype optical transceiver chipset which they claim will allow people to download movies or share online data eight times faster than current technology allows.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Scientists at IBM's Zurich Research Laboratory have developed a glue-application technique used to assemble chips that will keep them running cooler, the company said.
U.S. transportation officials last week warned travellers to take precautions when flying with battery-powered gear such as laptops and cell phones after two in-flight fires involving batteries were reported in the last six weeks.
A new low-level PC management standard is brewing, one that may eventually enable IT managers to remotely diagnose and fix malfunctioning machines -- even those that are turned off or unable to boot.
The launch of Windows Vista won't do much for PC sales this year, a research firm said Tuesday, with the new Microsoft operating system giving "at best, a limited boost" to PC units shipped during 2007.
Although Apple's climb in computer market share has been largely fuelled by its laptop lineup, other PC makers have done even better at boosting global laptop sales, according to a research firm.
Samsung claims that its UbiSync LCD monitor is the world's first USB-connected display, and needs no graphics card. The 19-inch 1280x1024 screen uses a software graphics adapter which it downloads to the PC when it is plugged into a USB 2.0 port.
Fujitsu is fortifying two models in its notebook line by offering the option of solid state drives for rugged applications like health care and aviation.
Hewlett-Packard built on its lead over Dell in the global notebook PC market for the fourth quarter of 2006, and Acer increased its lead over fourth-place Toshiba, according to an analyst report released Monday.
AMD is pushing a new motherboard format called DTX, which it says will allow system assemblers to build smaller PCs that are quieter and less wasteful of energy.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Change - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- TPSenior Communications Officer | SharePointQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- FTTechnical Expert - Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD