Japan's Sharp said Monday that it has received a second US$60 million investment from Qualcomm, as the two companies work together to mass produce low-power, high-performance displays for mobile devices.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Gartner is giving the thumbs up to Windows 8.1, crediting the operating system refresh with overcoming the major downsides of Windows 8.
3-D printer company Stratasys is acquiring desktop 3-D printer maker MakerBot for over US$400 million in an all-stock deal, to shore up its consumer presence.
Researchers from Harvard and the University of Illinois have printed precisely interlaced stacks of tiny battery electrodes, each less than the width of a human hair.
Carl Icahn has acquired a larger stake in Dell and called for a better buyout offer than the proposal of $US13.65 per share from Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners.
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
Late last week, MakerBot Industries held the grand opening ceremony for its new 50,000-square-foot factory in the Brooklyn Armory Terminal. But unlike just about every factory you've ever seen, it takes human hands to build these machines that can 3D...
With the new Remote Wipe feature, both business and individual users can remove all of their synced files from a PC or Mac in the event of a loss or theft.
Haswell -- Intel's fourth generation of the incredibly successful Core CPU -- is here. As vendors begin rolling out hardware to keep up with one another in the renewed specs and performance race, that age-old game that inevitably follows is about to ...
Guns produced with 3D printers pose a public safety risk that's beyond the ability of regulators to control it, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security bulletin to law enforcement agencies warned this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Systems EngineerOther
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- CCLeas Technical AnalystNSW
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- FTWintel Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTResource AnalystOther
- TPHelpDesk Analyst (Access Control Team Leader)ACT
- FTOnsite Helpdesk TechnicianOther
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Infrastructure EngineersACT
- CCIT Service Desk SupportSA
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- FTContract ManagerACT
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTProject OfficerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT