Research in Motion announced a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet Monday that will do battle with Apple's iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab early next year when it becomes available in the US.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
IE 9's main browser window takes minimalism to a new level.
With more than a million units sold in its first month, it's pretty clear that Apple's iPad touchscreen tablet has been a success so far.
30-year-old technology struts its stuff beside today's state-of-the-art tablet computer
Even since Apple released its "magical and revolutionary" iPad, other vendors have been scrambling to deliver products that go Apple one better.
Take a trip down memory lane with Toshiba, as the company shows off 25 years worth of notebook innovation.
Technology is supposed to make life easier, but it doesn't seem that way when you're struggling to wrangle 289 new e-mail messages, dealing with a hard-drive crash, or suddenly realizing that you left an important file on the office computer.
Who hasn't wanted to take a bat to their office printer? From confusing error messages to unfixable paper jams, today's office printer is a source of frustration and angst. This is why we hate you, office printer. And yet we can't quit you, either.
Cisco gets down to business with its Cius business tablet that will let you perform video conferencing and is optimized for apps such as WebEx Meeting Center.
What will your Web browser look like in 2015? Five years doesn't always bring dramatic change to some technologies--today's desktop PC, for instance, isn't that different from its 2005 predecessor--but browsers are undergoing major changes that will alter our day-to-day computing lives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- BlackBerry wins $815 million in overpaid royalty to Qualcomm
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT TrainerOther
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTLevel 2 and 3 Server EngineerOther
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCICT TrainerQLD
- CCData Warehouse Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Designer, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystOther
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT