What's worse than the Melissa virus? Probably about half of the e-mail currently circulating the Internet. Why? Because most are pranks, hoaxes, urban legends or scams. Learn how to determine the fake from the real.
PC World Business
Download troubles? Simplify the download process and manage downloaded files once they're on your hard drive with Download Wonder, a freeware program.
Is there a DJ lurking inside you that's desperate to get out? If so, then this is the site for you. Live365.com is offering Net users the chance to become Net DJs by giving registered users each 100MB of server space and 100 data streams to play with...
Kiss Software's Modem Wizard doesn't rely on hocus pocus; it doesn't promise to speed up your Web connection. But it does optimise your existing hardware and software so that it runs as efficiently as possible, maximising transfer rates.
Having trouble finding a good golfing Web site? Look no further. A new "golf only" search engine and Internet directory has just been launched.
For the not-so-green-thumb to the expert gardener, GardenWeb Australia (www.au.gardenweb.com) offers a number of valuable and local resources for gardeners in Australia and New Zealand.
The days of flipping through the paper to check out movie session times may finally be drawing to a close following the launch of Greater Union Web site.
FrontPage 2000, which Microsoft launches locally 10 June, delivers on its pledge to give both end-users and Webmasters a simple way to create Web sites that house Office 2000 documents.
I think I've discovered the easiest do-it-yourself Web pages on the Net: Ventura Communications Internet's TreeWay, which walks you through setting up your own site in about two minutes flat. And did I mention that it's free?
Ski season is burning up the rear and online travel agency travel.com.au has launched a Web site to help skiers plan their travels.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- How to secure your CMS without patching
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Data AnalyticsOther
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPSenior Server Engineer/System AdministratorWA
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTOnsite Helpdesk TechnicianOther
- TPProgram Manager - 10+ month contractQLD
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSenior Development Expert – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTDigital Designer Jnr / MidOther
- CCLead Technical AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryVIC
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTWintel Engineer - Level 1 and 2 ServerOther
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Policy OfficerOther