A new tool, calleed wanawiki, helps defeat the WannaCry ransomware on older Windows PCs by reconstructing the unlock key.
As security researchers investigate last Friday’s massive attack from the WannaCry ransomware, they’ve noticed clues that may link it with a North Korean hacking group that has been blamed for attacking banks across the world.
Last Friday’s massive WannaCry ransomware attack means victims around the world are facing a tough question: Should they pay the ransom? Those who do shouldn't expect a quick response -- or any response at all. Even after payment, the ransomware doesn’t automatically release your computer and decrypt your files.
As the WannaCry ransomware attack evolves, more cybercriminals are likely to attempt to profit from the vulnerability it exploits and similar flaws in the future.
Intel is reporting a firmware vulnerability that could let attackers take over remote management functions on computers built over the past decade.
There’s no guarantee your business will never be hacked. Ransomware attacks and data exfiltration are plaguing Australia’s IT landscape.
More than 8.4 billion internet connected devices are estimated to be available in 2017, and Gartner estimates that number will reach 20.4 billion by 2020. In 2017, the consumer sector represents 63 percent of all devices in use, or 5.2 billion units.
When the source code to suspected Russian-made malware leaked online in 2013, guess who used it? A new release from WikiLeaks claims the CIA borrowed some of the code to bolster its own hacking operations.
Companies that choose to outsource their IT operations should be careful. Suspected Chinese hackers have been hitting businesses by breaching their third-party IT service providers.
The chip maker has divested its majority holdings in McAfee to investment firm TPG for US$3.1 billion. McAfee will now again become a standalone security company, but Intel will retain a minority 49 percent stake.
Hisense designs premium products that are made for living in today’s world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- FTSearch Engine Optimisation SpecialistWA
- FTReporting Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager Staff AugmentationOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTL&D Consultant - Wealth ManagementOther
- CCOffice Administration - TelcoVIC
- TPProgram Manager - 10+ month contractQLD
- TPPrincipal AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Tester & Quality Assurance AnalystOther
- TPProcurement and Contracts ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer/DesignerVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager - GAME CHANGER!Other
- FTSenior Data EngineerOther
- CCWS02 Senior DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPWin10 Deployment OfficerQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW