A new tool, calleed wanawiki, helps defeat the WannaCry ransomware on older Windows PCs by reconstructing the unlock key.
As security researchers investigate last Friday’s massive attack from the WannaCry ransomware, they’ve noticed clues that may link it with a North Korean hacking group that has been blamed for attacking banks across the world.
Last Friday’s massive WannaCry ransomware attack means victims around the world are facing a tough question: Should they pay the ransom? Those who do shouldn't expect a quick response -- or any response at all. Even after payment, the ransomware does...
As the WannaCry ransomware attack evolves, more cybercriminals are likely to attempt to profit from the vulnerability it exploits and similar flaws in the future.
Intel is reporting a firmware vulnerability that could let attackers take over remote management functions on computers built over the past decade.
When the source code to suspected Russian-made malware leaked online in 2013, guess who used it? A new release from WikiLeaks claims the CIA borrowed some of the code to bolster its own hacking operations.
Companies that choose to outsource their IT operations should be careful. Suspected Chinese hackers have been hitting businesses by breaching their third-party IT service providers.
The chip maker has divested its majority holdings in McAfee to investment firm TPG for US$3.1 billion. McAfee will now again become a standalone security company, but Intel will retain a minority 49 percent stake.
Developers of the popular LastPass password manager are working to fix a serious vulnerability that could allow malicious websites to steal user passwords or to infect computers with malware.
Secusmart, the BlackBerry subsidiary that secures the German Chancellor Angela Merkel's smartphone, will roll out a version of its SecuSuite security software compatible with Samsung Electronics' Knox platform later this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- CCData Warehouse Test AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTApplication Service AdministratorNSW
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTHR Business Analyst-Performance Management/Learning ManagementOther
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTDatabase DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther