Microsoft will patch the increasingly dangerous Windows animated cursor vulnerability tomorrow, a week early, a spokesman of the company's security team said Sunday.
Software that could be used to turn a Web browser into an unwitting hacker's tool has been posted to the Internet, after it was downloaded by a quick-thinking attendee at last month's Shmoocon hacker conference.
The Windows zero-day bug now being used by attackers is extremely dangerous, security researchers said Friday, and ranks with the Windows Metafile vulnerability of more than a year ago on the potential damage meter.
The accused mastermind behind the Panda Burning Incense worm has not done a very good job of making amends, according to security vendor Symantec.
Microsoft confirmed Thursday that Windows, including Vista, contains a critical unpatched vulnerability that can be used by attackers to usurp PCs when users surf to malicious sites.
While the vast majority of networks today are based on the IPv4 protocol, the U.S. government is mandating that defence and civilian agencies are ready to accept IPv6-based traffic as well by June 2008. Those guiding the effort know the transition wo...
Hackers have built their own encrypted IM (instant-message) program to shield themselves from law enforcement trying to spy on their communication channels.
Google is having problems keeping its uptime pledge to some paying customers of its Google Apps suite of hosted services, throwing into question the company's ability to offer guaranteed levels of application reliability.
PayPal, the Internet-based money transfer system owned by eBay, is trying to persuade e-mail providers to block messages that lack digital signatures, which are aimed at cutting down on phishing scams, a company attorney said Tuesday.
For at least the third time this month, Google is grappling with performance and availability problems in the Gmail service of Google Apps, the suite of hosted services that many consider a potential threat to Microsoft's Office suite of desktop soft...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Vulnerability hits Intel enterprise PCs going back 10 years
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerOther
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- CCSenior Master Data AnalystNSW
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTPerl DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Development Expert – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCMultiple Project Managers - Networks - TelcoVIC
- FTPHP Developer / Software EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Orchestration SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTDesktop Engineer - Level 1 and 2Other
- FTSystem Specialist - Network SystemsOther
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- FTLinux Support EngineerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA