The little lock icon that appears on a Web browser window frame when a secure connection exists between a browser and a Web server may be lulling users into a false sense of security.
A Trojan horse exploiting a flaw in Apple's QuickTime that was patched two weeks ago is infecting MySpace.com users' computers, collecting confidential information, including passwords, several security companies said Monday.
Microsoft last Thursday acknowledged poor test results of its OneCare antivirus software, but promised it would do better by paying more attention to malware actually in the wild.
Microsoft's own bug hunters should cut Windows Vista some slack and rate its vulnerabilities differently because of the operating system's new, baked-in defenses, according to the developer who is often the public persona of the company's Security De...
Google's blogger.com is being hijacked to spread malware through fake blogs, a security vendor has warned.
Mozilla is changing the way it publishes security fixes for its Firefox browser.
They won't divulge their real names, they call their project a "whiny, attention-seeking ploy," and they appear to take their fashion cues from Beastie Boys music videos.
Internet auction fraud remains the most frequently reported online crime, but complaints over online purchases that are never delivered are on the rise, according to data released Friday by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Co...
Security vendor Trend Micro will release a new version of its mobile security software for Nokia smartphones next month that adds a built-in firewall and improves malware detection, the company said Thursday at Cebit in Hanover, Germany.
Core Security Technologies says it's discovered an IPv6-related buffer-overflow vulnerability in several versions of the OpenBSD operating system that would allow an attacker to knock a server offline or take control at the kernel level. The OpenBSD ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTService Desk AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- CCICT Training ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCDevOps Engineer/ AdministratorQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA