Microsoft is investigating a Windows bug that can crash PCs, requiring users to reboot. All unsaved data would be lost.
A California attorney claims he has unraveled part of the mystery behind a questionable software program and is prepared to go to court.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has suspended trading for 35 companies that allegedly benefited from spam e-mail campaigns to hype their stocks.
The Bagle worm continues to plague the Internet over three years after it first appeared, with many anti-virus engines unable to keep up, a security vendor has claimed.
What do cats and Internet security have in common? If you had attended Microsoft's TechFest 2007 on Tuesday in Redmond, Washington, you would know.
A security vendor is offering an add-on product for Windows Vista's User Account Control feature, which has been flagged as a threat to business users because it can be easily bypassed by hackers.
Security researcher Joanna Rutkowska has demonstrated several methods that sophisticated rootkits can use to hide from even the most reliable detection method currently available -- hardware-based products that read a system's RAM.
Windows Vista's firewall can easily be subverted because of design decisions made by Microsoft, a researcher at Symantec said Friday.
Security experts are urging users of Symantec antivirus software to update it to combat a new variant of the worm known as either Rinbot or Delbot, depending on what naming convention is used.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry wins $815 million in overpaid royalty to Qualcomm
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW