What do cats and Internet security have in common? If you had attended Microsoft's TechFest 2007 on Tuesday in Redmond, Washington, you would know.
A security vendor is offering an add-on product for Windows Vista's User Account Control feature, which has been flagged as a threat to business users because it can be easily bypassed by hackers.
Security researcher Joanna Rutkowska has demonstrated several methods that sophisticated rootkits can use to hide from even the most reliable detection method currently available -- hardware-based products that read a system's RAM.
Windows Vista's firewall can easily be subverted because of design decisions made by Microsoft, a researcher at Symantec said Friday.
Security experts are urging users of Symantec antivirus software to update it to combat a new variant of the worm known as either Rinbot or Delbot, depending on what naming convention is used.
Microsoft's Windows Live OneCare came in dead last out of a group of 17 antivirus programs tested against hundreds of thousands of worms, viruses, Trojan horses and other malware, an Austrian antivirus researcher reported Wednesday.
A security firm has discovered one of the first security flaws to directly affect Windows Vista, a bug that it claims allows local users to escalate their privileges.
Windows Vista's revamped security features are posing difficulties for some IT security vendors looking to make their software work on the new operating system.
Windows Vista delivers on some of the security improvements Microsoft promised for it, but there are still a host of ways attackers can exploit the OS and leave users open to threats, according to findings by Symantec.
In a paper he plans to discuss Wednesday at the Black Hat DC 2007 conference, noted database security researcher David Litchfield is expected to outline a new attack method against Oracle databases that boosts the danger to unpatched systems.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTASP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Solution ArchitectOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Infrastructure Specialist (Windows)QLD
- FTSolution Architect - CloudQLD
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTICT Project ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Vendor ManagerOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTDesktop Engineer - Level 1 and 2Other
- CCBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterWA
- CCAudio-Visual DesignerVIC