Hitachi Data Systems and Sun have entered into an agreement for Sun to resell Hitachi's high-end storage array and virtualization platform, according to sources close to the agreement.
Servers & Storage
It may be too early to talk plug-and-play but IBM believes it can help businesses of all sizes easily cluster their servers to handle intensive computing workloads.
A Japanese university announced scientists there have developed a new technology that uses bacteria DNA as a medium for storing data long-term, even for thousands of years.
Temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit may not be damaging to disk drives, according to new research by Google engineers which casts doubt on previous findings linking heat to elevated failure rates.
HP has begun shipping a new product that the company thinks will give it an edge over rival, IBM, in the market for blade servers.
HP has launched a low-priced, disk-based backup and recovery system as it battles with Dell for small business users who need to back up their data.
Cisco Systems' Linksys division thinks small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) should have some of the same features enterprises get, such as backup power and virtualization, when they attach storage to their networks.
Virtualization leader VMware has published a white paper condemning what it calls Microsoft's moves to block competition in the virtualization market, the most public sign to date of the friction between the companies.
Oracle has unveiled a new management tool to help its database users determine when to move, archive and delete data.
Sales growth for x86 servers slowed in the fourth quarter of 2006 as buyers adopted virtualization technology and waited for quad-core processors, according to a Gartner report released Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan hones in on NBN market through Vodafone deal
- BlackBerry wins $815 million in overpaid royalty to Qualcomm
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTSolution Designer, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Lead (Azure AD)Other
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- CCJunior Change AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCICT TrainerQLD
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCAgile Project ManagerACT
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Business Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSenior SharePoint DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD