A preview of what gizmos won't be appearing in future editions of tech magazine columns.
PC World Business
Check out our collection of iPhone-inspired devices. We'll start out with the latest announcements and finish it out with a few imitators still making the rounds.
Acer's Aspire Gemstone Blue is the company's latest attempt at a notebook for the home market. It's got plenty of great features and it's relatively easy to use. Best of all: it won't break the bank.
Freeware applications and open source software that provide IT managers with great tools at no cost.
As consumer demand for GPS increases, many mobile makers are squeezing satellite navigation into their devices. Check out these 10 new GPS smart phones.
Bookmarking these sites will help you protect your network, comply with government regulations and stay ahead of all the latest threats.
Woz, Word and War Games
The Bug Labs BUG is a modular, open-source gadget that allows users to create their own combinations of plug-in modules, and then customise software to take advantage of the functionality offered.
This year's CeBIT show in Hannover, Germany had a "Green IT" theme, with the environment at the top of the agenda, but there were still plenty of robots to be seen, and even a Cyber Games championship. Here are some of the highlights we enjoyed!
At 3.4 kilograms, the Apple IIc portable computer was the MacBook Air of 1984. Ever wonder what makes up a vintage classic? We took one apart to find out.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPTest AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- CCIT Service Desk SupportSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- PTPart-time Cisco EngineerWA
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - VirtualisationVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- FTSEO Specialist/ SEO ConsultantNSW
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther