Does Word's editing screen, with black text on a white background, give you eyestrain? Why not change it to a more relaxing blue background with white letters?
PC World Business
We show you how to create a well equipped rescue disk for the times when the Windows opening sequence of sky-blue colours is replaced with a grim black screen.
On Windows 95 and NT PCs that use FAT, anyone who can log in has complete access to every file. If you would like to change that default, here's how . . .
If the first thing you do after starting Word is select File-Open to locate an existing file, why not force the program to display the File-Open dialogue box at start-up? It's easy to do with the help of a self-running macro that automates the task. ...
If you're like most users, you probably don't think much about who has access to your PC. Do you know who's been reading your mail at night? If you're using Windows NT, its worth reading this guide to securing your PC.
Waiting for that all important e-mail but don't have time to sit around and dial up your ISP every hour? Users of Outlook Express may configure the program to check for e-mail during regular intervals. Here's how . . .
Easter eggs. No we're not talking about those foil-wrapped choccies, but rather hidden features in software programs. Usually yielding a video clip, animation or program credits, software Easter eggs are activated by pressing a set of secret keystrok...
Most Word users know they can use the mouse to drag a highlighted block of text to a new location in a document, but did you know you can also copy selected text to a new location? Here's how . . .
If you're like most users, the commands you employ most often in a newly created document are Save, Print, and Close. If only Microsoft had thought to combine these steps into one command. Fortunately, a quick-and-dirty macro can make a single comman...
Microsoft has announced -- and filled -- two more security holes in Office 97. Find out if the flaws affect you, and how to fix them.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTInfrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst (Level 1 Support)NSW
- FTSystems AnalystsACT
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- TPAPS6 Java DeveloperACT
- FTNew Business Lead - Professional Services (Pre-Sales)NSW
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTProject AnalystACT
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTAgile CoachVIC
- TPSenior Communications Officer | SharePointQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- CCNetwork Testing Integration SpecialistVIC