ActiveCaption will interest Net surfers who use Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer. This free add-on lets users add hot buttons to their browsers, and manage a single set of bookmarks for use in both browsers.
PC World Business
If you use Internet Explorer as your browser and have the Active Desktop feature enabled, you may have noticed an unhappy connection: when your browser crashes, the Active Desktop often shuts down and Windows itself may freeze.
Cleanliness is next to godliness as they say, so organising your "Favorites" in Internet Explorer could almost be a spiritual experience . . . well maybe not . . .
Using thumbnail image links on your Web site is one of the most considerate things a Web author can do. Learn how to create thumbnail image links in this simple tutorial . . .
How much electricity does a PC use? Is there a way to calculate this usage and its cost?
Microsoft Word's FullScreen view (View-Full Screen) reduces clutter and leaves more room for text. Find out how to use Word without its toolbars . . .
You're relaxing, doing a crossword on your coffee break, when you find yourself stumped for a seven-letter word for a brightly coloured bird. You have the first letter, "t", and the last letter, "r", and the correct answer is right there on the tip o...
You've always suspected that Win 95 took up more disk space than it needed to, and you may be right. Free up to 7MB of disk space by following this simple procedure . . .
Theoretically, a software upgrade replaces an older version while maintaining your preferences and custom configurations. In reality, some upgrades (particularly browsers) turn on you and make your life miserable. Here's how to defend yourself.
Printing from a Web browser is difficult at the best of times, but printing a single frame can be even harder. Fortunately, you can work around the problem in both Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- FTProcurement Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Infrastructure ProjectQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- FTRelease Coordinator - Project ManagementQLD
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- TPTechnical WriterVIC
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Web DeveloperVIC
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC
- FTSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- TPSAP Data Migration LeadQLD
- FTHyperion SpecialistNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD