I'm a two-finger typist, and I often hit the <Caps Lock> key by mistake. Since my Toshiba 405 CS laptop doesn't have a visual Caps Lock indicator, I'd like to get some kind of audible warning when I hit that key. How do I give my computer a noisy <Ca...
PC World Business
I want to set up an Internet browser for use via my standard ISP. I also want to be able to dial into my office intranet. Currently, I have to change my browser configuration in order to use the relevant proxy etc. Is there any way to configure a bro...
USB is the PC buzz word of 1998 -- but do you know what it means? And can you upgrade your machine to include a USB port? Roy Chambers has the answer . . .
How do you place files on the Web for others to download? Belinda Taylor has the answer . . .
Caches are everywhere -- on your motherboard, on your processor, on your hard drive -- but unless you're an avid reader of manuals and online help files you might not be sure what they are.
Sound Recorder only seems to record for 60 seconds, and I see no way to make it work for a longer period. Do I need to install extra software/hardware in order to record tunes of a decent length?
I have a Pentium 200 with an 800MB hard drive which is running out of space. Can I use FAT32 on Windows 95? I have been advised against it. Why would that be? And if I can do it safely, how would I install it?
I read with great interest your August article on starting multiple programs with one batch file (Start multiple apps at once, p140). It was just what I needed to open Eudora, ICQ and other applications without all the double-clicking. Now I'm wonder...
The cheat sheet to removing icons from the desktop that just won't budge
I am shopping around for a laptop -- I am becoming more and more confused with the different types of displays on offer from the different manufacturers: Passive DSTN, Passive XGA, TFT Active Colour Screen, XGA TFT Colour Screen etc. Are these all di...
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- Russia will strike US elections again, FBI warns
- ASIC to offer blockchain guidance to businesses
- Qantas to back startups in innovation push
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperWA
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD