Samsung's CLP-660ND is a capable colour laser printer with features that will suit small businesses. It provides automatic duplexing and can connect to a network, but print quality is inconsistent.
Printers & Imaging - Reviews
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2120 colour laser printer improves slightly on the DocuPrint C2100. For the extra money you get little more than a memory boost, but this sub-$1000 colour laser printer still shines when it comes to value, print speed and qu...
Samsung's ML-4551ND is the company's top-of-the-line monochrome laser printer, and it offers network connectivity and fast print speeds.
The Canon Selphy CP780 snapshot printer has its problems - namely, mediocre speed and expensive, wasteful consumables. But its purchase price is very low (US$100) and its design is simple, making it a good choice for light home use.
HP's Photosmart C4480 has many of the shortcomings you would expect from an entry-level inkjet multifunction printer, including a minimal feature set. The quality of photos isn't particularly appealing but this multifunction works well as a cheap doc...
Ricoh's Aficio SP 4210N monochrome laser printer is a decent performer with a somewhat high price ($649 as of May 25, 2009). The Xerox Phaser 3600/N, which carries the same sticker price, is better designed and easier to use, but the Aficio laser's e...
Aimed at home users, Kodak's ESP 7 inkjet multifunction printer can connect to a wireless network and automatically print double-sided documents. It also has a low price tag compared to multifunctions with similar feature sets. It is easy to set up, ...
Lexmark's T652n monochrome laser printer combines a speedy engine, lots of paper capacity, and a vast array of paper-handling options. But in view of its high price, it seems a bit skimpily configured. (We have the same complaint about its similarly ...
The Lexmark E460dn monochrome laser printer has the speed and adaptability that a small workgroup needs, plus room to grow. At a midrange price of $599 (as of May 25, 2009), it holds its ground against more-expensive, high-volume competitors such as ...
The great big billy goat gruff of the three that also include the (relatively) little Xerox Phaser 3250/DN and the medium-size Xerox Phaser 3600/N, the Xerox Phaser 4510/N monochrome laser printer seems to have a mission in life: to print plain-text ...
The Kyocera Mita Ecosys FS-1350DN monochrome laser printer starts off at a disadvantage because its list price of $699 makes it appear a lot more expensive than it probably is in stores. But even at a better price, this entry-level printer would stil...
For its price, Brother's HL-5370DW mono laser printer packs a reasonable punch. Not only can it automatically print double-sided documents, but it handles black-and-white graphics well and prints at a decent speed for its price. We would have preferr...
The Brother MFC-6890CDW inkjet multifunction printer improves on the Brother MFC-6490CW multifunction, adding duplex capabilities and a touch screen. Though it could do with faster print speeds, this A3-capable printer is still a valuable addition to...
But the Canon CanoScan LiDE 200 has some drawbacks, including skimpy OCR functions and the inability to scan transmissive items (such as film).
If you need to print good quality monochrome documents quickly, HP's LaserJet P2055dn laser printer is certainly up to the job. It also has some security features that suit small networks and a "quiet mode".
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTJunior Business Analyst / Project Coordinator dual roleVIC
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC