Due to ship this summer, Sony's Xperia Touch is a small household device that lets you interact with and manipulate screens and apps projected onto tabletops and walls.
IBM and Bank of Tokyo say they’ve developed a smart contract prototype to manage their IT services engagement on a blockchain. Here’s why IT outsourcing deals may be a low-risk proving ground for multiparty blockchain applications.
We’ve tested most of the TVs on the market recently and were keen to see how an “affordable” Home Theatre projector compared in day to day usage. Would it really be a viable TV-alternative for an Aussie home? Or does it only operate optimally in a cinema environment?
I’ve always been a big advocate for home theatre projectors. I understand that not everyone has the space to accommodate one at home, but if you have a light-controlled living room or a spare bedroom, why wouldn’t you want to turn it into a true home cinema?
The UK’s Computer Weekly reports that, on Monday, The Australian High Commission in the UK held an event for UK startups, called “The Australian technology and innovation forum” which hoped to attract UK innovators and startups should Brexit happen.
The entertainment company also updated its flagship home-theater A/V receiver.
LG's PH300 is a tiny projector that can be used in stand-alone situations, without any cables. It has a built-in battery for portability, and a USB 2.0 port on the rear works with internal processing to allow popular file types to be played directly off a USB stick. If you don't have anywhere to rest the projector in your home, you can stick it on a tripod. That's all quite convenient if you ask us.
Sydney's Vivid light festival is in full swing once again, and the crowds are flocking to see the spectacular installations that have been made by great artists, and just overall smart and creative people. It's one of the best times to be in Sydney, and it's especially great if you're a keen photographer.
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear to help you stay connected wherever you are, and even budget tech for those who need good gear but don't want to spend too much.
There's nothing like a great projector to really impress your visitors, whether it's for a studio space, a museum, a warehouse, a boardroom, or any other type of area that requires a big presence and a high quality image to go along with it.
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
BenQ claims the W1070+ can produce better colour quality than the current leading model, Epson’s EH-TW5200, with the company going as far as conducting a side-by-side comparison.
Acer’s P1383W is an appealing projector thanks to its high ease of use and a competitive price. It’s suitable for first-time buyers who are switching from a television or building their first home entertainment area, or for small businesses that need something for their boardroom. But is its performance memorable enough to make it worth considering?
Last month, LG announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen. While it's very much a niche product given its $8999 price tag, we were still keen to see what all the fuss is about. Let's go hands-on!
LG has today announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen.
These are the top rated projectors we've reviewed in the last year.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 2012 PC World Media Usage survey
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystOther
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTWindows 10 Project EngineerOther
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSecurity TesterNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer/Team LeaderNSW
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTUX UI DesignerACT
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- TPBI ConsultantNSW