Although the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active makes some small sacrifices in display resolution, camera, and weight, the water resistance factor and a sturdier feeling build make it more appealing than the regular Galaxy S4 in many ways.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Showcase
The ridiculous looking but appropriately named Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is a mid-range smartphone with a gigantic 6.3in touchscreen. It offers excellent battery life and 4G connectivity, but performance is a mixed bag.
After weeks of rumours, leaked images and videos, Samsung has officially announced the world's worst kept secret: the Galaxy S4 Active smartphone. It's a rugged version of the Galaxy S4 that's water and dust-resistant.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is a low-cost device with predictable specifications but it hardly seems like much of an upgrade over the previous model.
Every year since 2010, Samsung has been an easy go-to for top-end LED TVs. They have always been slim, easy on your power bill, look great, and have a wealth of ground-breaking features. The 2013 edition of Samsung’s Series 8 LED is the fourth evolution, and makes some big progress.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 boasts an 8in screen and includes a Wacom-powered 'S Pen' stylus which can be genuinely useful. However, its expensive price tag and a design that's starting to show its age are letdowns.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 looks almost identical to its predecessor but includes a better display, an improved camera and a huge amount of software features and functions, many of which you'll never use. The Galaxy S4 is an excellent and overall outstanding smartphone, but there are a few annoyances.
It may not be as large as the Galaxy Mega 6.3 but Samsung's Galaxy Mega 5.8 is still a big smartphone. Announced at the same time as its larger brother, the Galaxy Mega 5.8 gets a downgrade in specifications as well as screen size.
If you think smartphones with huge screens are ridiculous, look away now. Samsung has just announced the Galaxy Mega 6.3 Android phone, a mid-range device with a huge 6.3in touchscreen.
It's thin, it's strong, it's stylish and it's quite fast. It's the Series 9 notebook from Samsung and it's designed for those of you who want to make an impression. We've seen the 13in version of this notebook before, which we loved, but this is the first time we're taking a look at the 15in model, and it doesn't really feel like a 15in model at all thanks to its clever design.
Samsung's XE303C12 is one of the first Chromebooks to hit the Australian market, armed with a small form factor, light weight and an attractive price tag. It's a laptop that resembles a netbook, but because it runs Google's Chrome OS, it's nothing like the Windows-based netbooks of old.
The Samsung Galaxy Note II has a larger 5.5in screen, a faster, quad-core processor and runs the newest version of Google's Android platform, 4.1 Jelly Bean. The Galaxy Note II also happens to be one of the best Android phones we've ever used.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCChange / Communications AnalystNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analysts - Benefits RealisationACT
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC