Facebook's privacy problems reportedly have the social network rethinking its approach, and a new poll suggests that the threat of user decline is real, but don't expect a mass exodus any time soon.
Security - Features
Just how much personal information are you releasing when you use Facebook? Facebook may be giving third-party advertisers your personal information without you realising.
Facebook appears to be working diligently at establishing itself as the site that people love to hate. Don't get me wrong, passionate views are a mark of success--just look at Microsoft, Apple, and Google. Still, the trick is to foster that passion (...
Whatever you use to surf the Web needs a fix. Developers of all five major browsers--Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Opera--recently released important security patches.
Once upon a time, instant messaging was a consumer technology. That consumer toy worked its way into the corporate network and was eventually not just accepted, but embraced and leveraged as a valuable tool.
Last week a flawed DAT file from McAfee led to false positives crashing Windows XP systems and leading to a massive cleanup effort. It would be very easy to simply point the finger at McAfee, terminate the employment of a scapegoat security engineer ...
A few days ago, 10 privacy commissioners from Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Israel, Ireland, The Netherlands and New Zealand wrote an open letter to Google's CEO Eric Schmidt asking for more proactive privacy protections ...
It has been public knowledge for quite a while that many of the world's governments have been working on an "Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, but none of the details of what they were thinking was public knowledge, in spite of a few leaked docume...
In 1993, Private Investigator Joe Seanor had wrapped up employment stints in the CIA and the Department of Justice, and was looking for something new in his professional life.
The last thing any of us need these days is another uninformed discourse on health care, but I tend to wade in where others have the common sense to keep out.
These "White Hat" security researchers are ethical hackers whose discoveries and inventions shake things up — as they try to stay one step ahead of their underground "Black Hat" cousins…
It came as a surprise to almost everyone when Apple approved the Opera Mini Browser app for its App Store. It is a competing browser for Apple's own Safari--which is the default browser of the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad--and it is not built on the ...
iPhones appear to pose greater security risks than Android, Blackberry and Nokia smart phones, but is this really the case? An nCircle survey says yes, security expert Charlie Miller says not necessarily, and Pwn2Own sponsor TippingPoint won't say.
So far 2010 hasn't been kind to the Microsoft Internet Explorer Web browser. It is only March, and Microsoft is releasing the second emergency out-of-band patch to respond to a zero-day exploit in the wild.
Although some like to say "antivirus is dead" because of the explosion in malware that makes signature-based desktop protection harder than ever, start-up Immunet wants to bring new life to antivirus scanning through cloud computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Old Windows PCs can stop WannaCry ransomware with new Microsoft patch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTTechnical Lead (Azure AD)Other
- FTIntegration Technical SpecialistOther
- FT4 X Gun Java Developers wantedVIC
- TPChange Analyst - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCSenior Network EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - Level 2ACT
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FTProduct/Project Coordinator-AGILE/SCRUMOther
- CCExecutive Desktop SupportWA
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTAccount ClerkOther
- CCSolution Architect l JDEdwards , OracleNSW
- FTProject Coordinator -Finance, budgets, forecasts, policyOther
- FTSenior System AnalystOther
- FTC# ASP.Net Developer - Market Leading Fin-TechOther
- FTCitrix Engineer | 6 month contractOther
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- CCFinancial ModelerACT
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - PermanentQLD
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther