In June, the world watched as tweets from the streets of Tehran flooded Twitter. Frequent Twitter users--and people who hadn't even heard of the microblogging service--were suddenly and simultaneously witnessing its potential.
Security - Features
The French hacker who broke into Twitter's Google Apps and stole more than 300 private company documents has revealed in detail how he did it.
McAfee's latest version of its managed security service includes new features that let companies scan their Web sites for vulnerabilities as well as check for compliance with payment-card industry standards for handling financial data.
They sometimes call national security the third rail of politics. Touch it and, politically, you're dead.
Microsoft has sued a Hong Kong seller of mobile ringtones, saying the company used phishing techniques to flood Microsoft Live Messenger users with spam messages.
On 26 June, Kaspersky Lab held its 10th annual Virus Analysts Summit in Dubrovnik, Croatia. At the event the company's chief security researchers discussed the latest online threats to target businesses and consumers.
IPv6 -- the next-generation Internet protocol -- isn't keeping too many U.S. CIOs and network managers up worrying at night. But perhaps it should.
Creators of Waledac malware enlisted the Conficker botnet as a tool to spread malware of their own, marking the first time Conficker was made available for hire, according to Cisco's mid-year security report.This was symptomatic of a wider trend Cisc...
Oracle on Tuesday released its latest quarterly patch update, which includes 10 security fixes for its database and also addresses a range of vulnerabilities across the vendor's applications portfolio.
Microsoft today warned of a serious security vulnerability in a Spreadsheet ActiveX control that could allow for a drive-by-download attack against vulnerable PCs.
Stephane Herry says that he founded his private file-sharing network GigaTribe out of frustration at not being able to share files with his friends on Kazaa. Every time he searched for a file that he knew a friend had uploaded, he saw only similar fi...
Do you trust Google? If you use its multitude of online services on a daily basis you might, but is that assumption wise? For some, Google is a wonderful company with a broad selection of useful online tools that make life easier, but for others Goo...
In 1989, Eugene Kaspersky ran afoul of the Cascade virus while working for the Ministry of Defence in the heart of the Soviet Union. He defeated it with his wits and a pencil.
China did a sudden about-face late yesterday and decided to delay its controversial requirement that all computers sold after July 1 must come with Web filtering software.
Open source security is a hot topic in the IT world. Some people believe that open source solutions are a potential playground for mischief-makers and cyber criminals, while others swear they’re safer than proprietary software.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The NSA's foreign surveillance: 5 things to know
- After CIA leak, Intel Security releases detection tool for EFI rootkits
- Cisco on CIA WikiLeaks revelations: It’s not our problem… this time
- Old Windows malware may have tampered with 132 Android apps
- Google shifts on email encryption tool, leaving its fate unclear
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTField Deployment EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- FTPolicy & Programme OfficerACT
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTFull stack Developer | 3 mth ContractVIC