A new tool, calleed wanawiki, helps defeat the WannaCry ransomware on older Windows PCs by reconstructing the unlock key.
Security - News
Digital signature service DocuSign said Monday that an unnamed third-party had got access to email addresses of its users after hacking into its systems.
As security researchers investigate last Friday’s massive attack from the WannaCry ransomware, they’ve noticed clues that may link it with a North Korean hacking group that has been blamed for attacking banks across the world.
As the WannaCry ransomware attack evolves, more cybercriminals are likely to attempt to profit from the vulnerability it exploits and similar flaws in the future.
Users of old Windows systems can now download a patch to protect them from this week’s massive ransomware attack.
Friday’s unprecedented ransomware attack may have stopped spreading to new machines -- at least briefly -- thanks to a "kill switch" that a security researcher has activated.
Security company Modzero found a program acting as a keylogger in certain HP PCs.
The Tuesday updates for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge forces those browsers to flag SSL/TLS certificates signed with the ageing SHA-1 hashing function as insecure.
Users that run unpatched software beware. Hackers have been relying on an old software bug connected to the Stuxnet worm to carry out their attacks.
Is a vigilante hacker trying to secure your IoT device from malware? The mysterious developer behind a growing computer worm wants people to think so.
The suspected CIA spying tools that WikiLeaks has dumped have been linked to hacking attempts on at least 40 targets in 16 countries, according to security firm Symantec.
A group of hackers who claimed to hold millions of iCloud accounts for ransom said on Friday they'd been paid. But one bitcoin expert says that's bogus.
When the source code to suspected Russian-made malware leaked online in 2013, guess who used it? A new release from WikiLeaks claims the CIA borrowed some of the code to bolster its own hacking operations.
The U.S. might add other airports to its ban restricting passengers from bringing laptops on board certain flights from the Middle East.
Companies that choose to outsource their IT operations should be careful. Suspected Chinese hackers have been hitting businesses by breaching their third-party IT service providers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Old Windows PCs can stop WannaCry ransomware with new Microsoft patch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst with BPM (Business Process Modelling)Other
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- TPProject Officer (PMO)VIC
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT
- TPPrincipal Test Lead - SAPQLD
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTIT Field Services ManagerOther
- FTSAP Release ManagerQLD
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |VIC
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCAutomation Tester - BrisbaneVIC