At the risk of inconveniencing some users, Gmail to a more secure protocol. The timing of the action is seen as a response to Chinese hacking attempts against the online mail service.
Security - News
The policy of random laptop searches and seizures by U.S. government agents at border crossings is under attack again, with a pair of civil rights groups seeking potential plaintiffs for a lawsuit that challenges the practice.
Google and other enterprises still face a bleak computer security landscape that makes their companies vulnerable to hackers, whether they do business in China or not, analysts say.
A coordinated hacking campaign targeting Google, Adobe Systems and more than 30 other companies raises serious concerns, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Tuesday.
Google's decision Tuesday to risk walking away from the world's largest Internet market may have come as a shock, but security experts see it as the most public admission of a top IT problem for U.S. companies: ongoing corporate espionage originating...
Adobe today confirmed that the cyberattack that hit its corporate network earlier this month was connected to the large-scale attacks Google cited yesterday as one reason it might abandon China.
McAfee has beat off rivals in a deal with Facebook which will allow it to promote its security suite to the website’s 350 million users and make it mandatory for victims of compromised accounts to use its online scanning tool.
Today's post-holiday Patch Tuesday included just one bulletin, which is rated critical only for Windows 2000, but Adobe also released a must-have Reader update.
Google has decided to stop censoring its results in China and could end up closing its operations and shutting down its search engine there, the company said Tuesday.The decision follows an attack on Google's servers in December that targeted the Gma...
Google moved quickly on Tuesday to reassure its enterprise customers that their data is in safe hands, following its disclosure that it was targeted in December by a "highly sophisticated" cyberattack from China.
Microsoft today confirmed that the version of Flash bundled with Windows XP contains multiple bugs, and urged customers to upgrade to a newer edition of the multimedia player plug-in.
Google has decided to stop censoring its results in China and could end up closing its operations and shutting down its search engine there, the company said Tuesday.
The owner of a Dallas-based Internet service provider that was raided last April has been charged with participating in a conspiracy to defraud more than US$15 million from companies such as Verizon, AT&T and XO Communications.
Google is apologizing after it mistakenly e-mailed potentially sensitive business data last week to other users of its business listings service.
Microsoft today issued just one security update for Windows, the lowest number on a Patch Tuesday since January 2009.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- A vigilante hacker may have built a computer worm to protect the IoT
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- The iCloud hackers' bitcoin ransom looks like a fake
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- FTSenior Project Manager - Foreign CurrencyVIC
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW