Adobe is investigating new reports that hackers are attacking a previously unknown bug in the latest version of the company's Reader and Acrobat software.
Security - News
Security measures such as one-time passwords and phone-based user authentication, considered among the most robust forms of security, are no longer enough to protect online banking transactions against fraud, a new report from research firm Gartner I...
Adobe's Flash Player software is on 99 percent of Internet-connected desktops, offering up multimedia and video capabilities on a multitude of popular Web sites such as YouTube. But the Adobe Flash platform has been beset by a rash of security proble...
The headlines recently have been dominated with news of online privacy. Facebook has implemented changes that affect the privacy of status updates, and Google made headlines for its apparent disregard for privacy.
Facebook's new privacy controls make it easy for users to present different information to business contacts and personal friends, but only if the user is willing to accept the added complexity involved in doing so. It's not difficult, but requires t...
Checking out of a Hilton hotel in London, security expert Roger Thompson was told his Visa card had been declined due to suspicions it was stolen, a situation that only got more disconcerting when he learned the bank that issued the card had more per...
How much personal information can you glean from Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg's profile? That depends on when you happened to be viewing it.
Adobe confirmed late on Monday that hackers are exploiting a vulnerability in the most up-to-date version of its PDF viewing and editing applications.
A new scareware package tries to sell bogus antivirus software to its victims using an apparent endorsement of the software by Microsoft.
Facebook has again changed how it describes its new privacy options, which began rolling out to the service's 350 million users just two days ago. The company has now changed a blog post describing how users can protect the contents of the Friends Li...
They're the scourge of the Internet right now and the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation says they've also raked in more than US$150 million for scammers. Security experts call them rogue antivirus programs.
Security researchers have spotted the Zeus botnet running an unauthorized command and control center on Amazon's EC2 cloud computing infrastructure.
Many Facebook users expressed anger at the site Wednesday for changing privacy settings, which they say caused personal information to be inadvertently exposed.
All told, Microsoft released 74 patches in 2009 and while some months were worse than others (such as October), security experts say the software giant seems to be refining and improving the process of explaining and pushing out patches.
An employee of the U.S. Department of State was sentenced Wednesday to 12 months of probation for illegally accessing more than 125 electronic passport application files, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Old Windows PCs can stop WannaCry ransomware with new Microsoft patch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 3- Production Support Team LeaderACT
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTAccount ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSQL Server DBAOther
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- FTAGILE Implementation Manager ContractOther
- FTProgram / Portfolio Management ConsultantSA
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst - PageUp implementationOther
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCNetwork Security EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystOther
- FTCRM AnalystQLD
- CCJunior - Mid-level Devops Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCIT/OT Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Change Analyst - Major IT Transformation**NSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Business Process Analyst - Part timeQLD