Mozilla developers have blocked a Firefox plugin that was quietly pushed out by Microsoft, saying that it presents a security risk.
Security - News
Microsoft acknowledged Thursday that one of the critical network vulnerabilities it patched earlier in the week was due to a programming error on its part.
Google's highly anticipated real-time communication and collaboration tool, Google Wave, will have "crypto fairy dust" sprinkled into its protocol to avoid data being changed mid-stream, according to its product manager.
Mozilla plans to let people running rivals' browsers use Firefox's new plug-in update service, company officials said today.
Cyber-crime just doesn't pay like it used to.
Opera Software has released a beta version of Unite, its browser-based application platform, it said on Wednesday.
A number of Facebook applications, including one called CityFireDepartment, has been hacked and tries to attack site visitors' computers via unpatched Adobe software vulnerabilities, a researcher says.
Microsoft's massive security update marked the completion of the sixth year of the company's move to a monthly patch release schedule.
Mozilla developers have launched a new online tool that tells Firefox users whether popular add-on components such as Java or QuickTime are up to date.
Microsoft yesterday wrapped up a months-long job of patching a critical bug it accidently introduced in a crucial code "library," one of the researchers who uncovered the flaw said today.
Adobe issued a security update today that patched 29 vulnerabilities in its popular PDF viewing and editing applications, most of them bugs that attackers can use to grab control of personal computers.
In an effort to promote the "general health of the Web," Google will send Webmasters snippets of malicious code in the hopes infected Web sites can be cleaned up faster.
Experts from across the security industry weigh in on Microsoft's Patch Tuesday, which was its biggest ever with 13 patches and 34 vulnerabilities:
AVG Technologies is offering a free software tool to protect Twitter users from malicious sites that lurk behind shortened URLs.
Some users of Google Inc.'s Postini messaging management tools are having a bad e-mail day.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Old Windows PCs can stop WannaCry ransomware with new Microsoft patch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- PTPart-time Cisco EngineerWA
- CCDeveloper - ASP.Net - Sencha Ext JSVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (Unified Comms)Other
- CCMaximo DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryVIC
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryWA
- FTIT Program SchedulerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst - PageUp implementationOther
- FTPayroll Project ManagerOther
- FTCustomer SupportSA
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCAutomation Test Analyst Guidewire QLD
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterWA
- FTPerl DeveloperACT
- TPData Analyst/MungerVIC
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Insurance/FinanceOther
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther