Cyber criminals are finding new ways to steal information, including infecting legitimate Web sites with Trojans and creating rogue software packages that look legitimate but contain malware, cybersecurity experts warned.
Security - News
Microsoft today delivered a record 13 security updates that patched 34 vulnerabilities in every version of Windows, including the not-yet-for-sale Windows 7, as well as in Internet Explorer (IE), Office, SQL Server and other parts of its software por...
One of the 34 bugs Microsoft patched on Tuesday is more serious than it first appeared.
Corporate security and network administrators face a "nightmare" task just trying to figure out what to patch and what to let slide after Microsoft issued its biggest-ever batch of updates today, researchers argued.
It's almost certain that hackers obtained the Hotmail passwords that leaked to the Internet through a botnet-based attack, a researcher said today as she provided more proof that Microsoft's explanation was probably off-base.
Worldwide spam has surged by nine times and now makes up 86 percent of all emails, says <a href="http://www.symantec.com">Symantec</a>.
Sometimes, the problems we experience with computers are a result of a legacy design. Hardware or software might have been architected 10 or 20 years ago when the world of computing was vastly different from the way it is today. As a result, the prod...
The massive phishing scam broken up by US federal authorities this week is only a hint at what many say is an insidious and growing problem on the Internet.
The Bahama botnet, a sophisticated network of compromised computers that is wreaking click-fraud havoc among advertisers, is also snatching away Web traffic and revenue right from under the nose of mighty Google, Click Forensics said Thursday.
It's National Cyber Security Awareness Month, and Google wants to remind you of a basic tenet of online security: passwords.
Cisco is tackling the so-called "dark Web" of online content that's not easily indexed or categorized by adding new usage controls to its IronPort S-Series Web Security Appliances.
Microsoft today said it will deliver its largest-ever number of security updates on Tuesday to fix flaws in every version of Windows, as well as Internet Explorer (IE), Office, SQL Server, important developer tools and the enterprise-grade Forefront ...
One researcher isn't buying Microsoft's and Google's explanation that hijacked Hotmail and Gmail passwords were obtained in a massive phishing attack.
In the wake of the posting in online forums of stolen account and password information for thousands of Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo e-mail accounts, there's evidence of yet more abuse that entails attackers exploiting that information to hack into compr...
1234567 may not be a very secure password, but it's popular on Hotmail.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Old Windows PCs can stop WannaCry ransomware with new Microsoft patch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Lead (Azure AD)Other
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTSoftware Tech Lead | C++ | Trading | Market ConnectivityOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager - CloudNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTPerl DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- FTSenior PHP Developer/Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTCommunications Lead/ManagerACT
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdOther
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD