A group of U.S. companies, led by technology giants Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard and eBay, is set to outline recommendations for new federal data-privacy legislation that could make life easier for consumers and lead to a standard federal breach-notifi...
Security - News
The odds are pretty good that this will never happen to you, but should a floating head of U.S. President Barack Obama pop up on your desktop Monday morning, know this: You've been hit with the Obama worm.
A computer-engineering employee fired from troubled US mortgage giant Fannie Mae is accused of preparing a malware computer time bomb, which had it not been detected, might have destroyed millions of files, according to reports.
A former Unix engineer for the US Federal National Mortgage Association, better known as Fannie Mae, has been accused of planting malicious code on the corporation's network that was to "destroy and alter" all of the data on the company's servers thi...
A former Fannie Mae IT contractor has been charged with planting malicious software on the mortgage giant's systems on the day he lost his job last October.
Google is taking issue with a report that says click fraud hit a record high in the fourth quarter.
Is the worsening economic situation going to turn some employees into data thieves?
Symantec posted a big loss Wednesday, citing the tough economic climate, but the company's quarterly earnings still were better than analysts had expected.
The UK Film Council has launched a search engine FindAnyFilm.com so that film buffs will be able to find when, where and how more than 30,000 movies are available, including on the Internet.
Botnets will employ more obfuscated control techniques including the use of peer-to-peer networks during 2009, according to security researchers, following the [[artid:556517764|McColo datacentre take-down|new]] last year.
Web security vendor Websense has acquired Defensio, a provider of Web services used to delete comment spam off of blogs and Web sites.
Web sites rigged with malicious code are becoming more numerous by the day, but the time those sites are online is declining, according to new research from security vendor AVG Technologies.
Spam trumpeting the power of love is nothing more than an old trick dressed up in new clothes, more evidence that the backers of the Waledec bot Trojan are the same bunch that hammered users last year with Storm, security companies are warning.
The tech-savvy Obama White House is suffering the inconvenience and embarrassment of an e-mail crash that has lasted several hours Monday afternoon, according to published reports.
A British hacker who sought to find evidence of UFOs on U.S. military computers has another chance at avoiding extradition after a court ruling Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Old Windows PCs can stop WannaCry ransomware with new Microsoft patch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk Consultant - Level 2Other
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- CCNetezza DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCManual and Automation TesterQLD
- CCPMO AdministratorVIC
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- TP.Net Developer - Australian Government ICT ContractorACT
- FTSenior PHP Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - PermanentWA
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTRecruitment Consultant - Major AccountsOther
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTSolution Architect - CloudQLD
- FTLevel 2 and 3 Server EngineerOther