Ad-related settings you've tweaked are the only settings reset when you upgrade to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Security - News
Securing the internet of things should become a major priority now that an army of compromised devices – perhaps 1 million strong - has swamped one of the industry’s top DDoS protection services.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
A U.K. judge has ruled in favor of extraditing a British man to the U.S. for hacking government computers, despite fears he may commit suicide.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI may have paid a small fortune to unlock an iPhone 5c used by the San Bernardino shooter. But a security researcher has demonstrated a way to do it for less than $100.
U.S. Bank is the latest in a long line of banks to cultivate innovation through intense coding jams, but some analysts question whether such events yield tangible value.
A ransomware author and distributor was able to collect $121 million in ransomware payments during the first half of this year, netting $94 million after expenses, according to a report released today
Researchers can submit entries from now until March 14, 2017.
Thousands of publicly accessible FTP servers, including many Seagate network-attached storage devices, are being used by criminals to malware that mines cryptocurrency.
A Chinese company is selling a USB flash drive with a capacitor that will discharge an electric pulse guaranteed to destroy the motherboard of a computer into which it's connected.
Both Chrome OS and Windows 10 help themselves to similar usage data by default, but in different ways.
NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has come up with a concept iPhone case that can help prevent the government from finding your location.
A sophisticated phishing email purporting to be from Telstra has been identified by MailGuard. "It's just mind-blowingly awesome," the security vendor's CEO Craig McDonald said on Monday.
A new Facebook Messenger vulnerability has been detected that makes it possible for an attacker to modify or remove any sent message including rich content such as photos, files, and links.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Old Windows PCs can stop WannaCry ransomware with new Microsoft patch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCDevOps LeadVIC
- FTSenior Director, Enterprise Architecture & Information SecurityOther
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Server Engineer/System AdministratorWA
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTAccount ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness analystOther
- FTProject Manager - IT ImplementationVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business Analyst - 2 Yr Fixed TermVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - OSS / Networks (Telco)Other
- FTSenior Business Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCProject Manager - DeploymentNSW
- CCOSS Project ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Designer (Drupal 7)Other
- FTTechnical Lead - .NetQLD
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- FTManager, Cyber SecurityOther
- CCAgile Delivery SpecialistACT
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther