Your five-year old laptop may be able to use Windows Hello relatively cheaply if Synaptics has its way.
Security - News
Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Google remains on its quest to replace passwords with something more secure. The latest effort is from the company’s Project Abacus, which favors a system of biometrics to authenticate identity.
Now when ransomware tries to take over your computer, there’s something you can be sides pay up: stop it, buy more time to deal with it or mitigate the damage it might do, Security BSides Boston conference was told.
A hacker is trying to sell a database dump containing account records for 167 million LinkedIn users.
Many cybercriminals can call on an extensive network of specialists for "business" expertise, including people who train and recruit, who launder money, and who provide escrow services, according to a new white paper.
Microsoft today opened the preview of its Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to all enterprise IT professionals.
Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information stealing capabilities.
Bangalore Bank, a commercial bank in Vietnam and ... Sony Pictures are the unlikely bedfellows in a tale of cyber intrigue uncovered by security researchers at BAE Systems.
At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
At Interop 2016, Network World chats with John Pironti, president of IP Architects, about why ransomware is on the rise, and why many consumers and businesses are paying the ransom.
All blogs hosted on Google's blogspot.com domain can now be accessed over an encrypted HTTPS connection.
Potential version of the FB Messenger iOS app has a time-limit for your messages to remain visible.
A US judge is forcing a woman to unlock an iPhone with her fingerprints, but does this violate the Constitution?
Valve is battling Steam cheaters with information that cheaters willingly handed over.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
- Old Windows PCs can stop WannaCry ransomware with new Microsoft patch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTIT Field Services ManagerOther
- CCPMO AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- CCTest LeadWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead UX/UI DesignerOther
- CCSystems TesterNSW
- FTContract ManagerACT
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTProject / Program ManagerOther
- TPSAP TrainerACT
- FTDesktop Engineer - Level 1 and 2Other
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Infrastructure Specialist (Windows)QLD
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- FTIT Program SchedulerOther
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTRadio Communication TechnicianOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther