Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0 is a suite of tools that combines the anti-malware and anti-phishing features of Norton Internet Security 2010 (NIS), with the PC tune-up tools of Norton Utilities.
Security - Reviews
Trend Micro - one of the most respected companies in security software - offers HouseCall, a free web-based utility that scans for and cleans your computer of all currently documented viruses, Trojans and other malware.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free adds a useful extra layer of protection to your PC, at no extra cost.
The iStorage diskGenie is a USB hard drive offering up to 500GB of storage. It features secure AES-256 encryption and is unlocked by a number keypad.
Kaspersky is expanding its scope by offering Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac, its first security program for the Apple Mac. But how much does the Mac need anti-virus, and does it work?
The Netgear ProSecure STM600 security appliance takes on small-to-midsize business stalwarts such as Fortinet and Barracuda by including antispam, antimalware, and web content filtering in a single unit that offers easy deployment and budget-preservi...
Kingston announced a new DataTraveler Locker USB Flash Drive that offered partitioning capability.
Seagate calls its BlackArmor WS 110 a direct-attached storage (DAS) device, but in most respects it's a fairly standard external hard drive. Aimed at businesses looking to back up individual computers, the BlackArmor WS 110 provides AES 256-bit hardw...
Though Alwil Avast Professional Edition ($63.97 for a one-year, single-PC licence) has a speedy scan rate, that wasn't enough to offset its unimpressive protection from malware infections and its truly annoying interface. (A new version is coming ear...
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 has some nice, techie-focused extras and it effectively ferrets out rootkits, but it can't keep up with other antivirus apps when it comes to the essential task of blocking malware.
Trend Micro Antivirus + Antispyware 2010 is good looking software weighed down by comparatively poor malware detection, slow scan speed, and a seriously misguided habit of hiding what it does from the user.
Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 ($69.95 for a one-year, three-PC licence) offers strong traditional malware detection, but is dragged down by negatives like poor behavioural scans.
Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010 (SDAV) blends PC Tools' previous well-known anti-spyware tool PC Tools Spyware Doctor with the anti-virus capabilities of a PC Tools AntiVirus engine.
BitDefender Antivirus ($44.92 for a one-year, three-PC licence) holds its own at dealing with malware, but its interface isn't especially user-friendly. Overall the program earned fourth place in our roundup of stand-alone antivirus programs.
Avira's AntiVir Premium Edition lacks an advanced malware detection feature used by top programs, and it could use a smoother interface. The program earned a seventh-place ranking in our current stand-alone antivirus roundup.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- A vigilante hacker may have built a computer worm to protect the IoT
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- The iCloud hackers' bitcoin ransom looks like a fake
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTFinance AnalystNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA