While many of the recent breaches like LinkedIn and Twitter have focused on the impact on consumers, rather than businesses, it doesn’t mean that companies can’t be the target, whether large or small. The reality: any data is valuable on the black market, and hackers are just itching to get their hands on yours. As a CEO, owner, or IT Manager at a company, you have a lot more at stake than just one consumer – so are you doing everything you can to protect the company from an attack?
There's never been a better time to give Linux a try on your PC. Here's why.
Ad-related settings you've tweaked are the only settings reset when you upgrade to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI has issued a plea for those who have been hit by ransomware to report this to federal law enforcement so that the country can get a better sense of just how bad this problem really is.
U.S. Bank is the latest in a long line of banks to cultivate innovation through intense coding jams, but some analysts question whether such events yield tangible value.
iOS 10, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, brings a variety of upgrades to Siri, 3D Touch, the Lock Screen, Maps and other features.
Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Cyber criminals are stealing user's login credentials for popular online streaming service, Netflix, in an attempt to steal banking information, according to recent research by Symantec.
Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security can help you keep your entire digital life safe from harmful viruses and privacy threats.
Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security 2013 is an all-encompassing security suite for PCs and Android devices. It can protect against viruses, spyware and other Web threats, in addition to providing a few extra features such as parental controls, cloud storage and password management. It builds on the 2012 version by incorporating social networking protection, data theft prevention and Facebook profile privacy checking.
If you use your mobile device to browse many Web sites that require a username and password, keeping track of all those credentials, as well as entering them each time you want to use them, can be a pian. Letting the Web browser remember the details for them can be a security risk, too. Trend Micro's DirectPass app aims to be a central and secure repository for all those credentials, so you won't have to keep entering them each time you visit those sites
An all-around solid defender and efficient performer, Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2012 (AU$89 for one year and three PCs as of 7 May, 2012) has a slick, user-friendly interface and solid malware detection and removal capabilities.
As well as the anti-virus, identity protection, parental control and firewall modules in Norton Internet Security 2012, Norton 360 v6 includes PC tuning and online backup.
Bitdefender is a Romanian company which has been making Windows anti-virus software since 2001. After an over-zealous makeover last year, the company now claims it has 'the sharp mind of the wolf and the sleekness of the dragon, the vigilance of the alpha-male and the indestructibility of the snake's body'. It writes software.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Banks find big innovation payoff in hackathons
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTWindows EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD