Following the release of the QTS 4.3.4 beta for ARM-based NAS, QNAP have announced the release of the QTS 4.3.4 beta for x86-based NAS and additional ARM-based NAS models in an feature-packed update.
Network Attached Storage
QNAP Systems Inc. has joined forces with AMD to roll out the world’s first Ryzen-based NAS.
QNAP Systems Inc. has unveiled the TS-453BT3, a 4-bay NAS that combines high-speed Thunderbolt 3 connectivity with a pre-installed QM2 PCIe card, providing dual M.2 SATA SSD slots and 10GbE connectivity.
Synology has recently launched the DS218play, DS218j, and DS118, three feature rich NAS servers with media streaming, file sharing, and data backup features perfect for home and small offices.
Synology's annual 2018 showcase event in Sydney this week saw the company show off its new Synology Drive, active backup suite, Moments image-management system, AC2200 mesh-router and 18-Series model lineup.
AUSTOR has announced the official launch of ASUSTOR Data Master (ADM) 3.0. The update enhances the ASUSTOR NAS experience with a freshly redesigned interface that creates an intuitive tablet-like usage experience while also integrating Internet Pass-through functionality.
For a NAS box with a boatload of software features and top-notch performance, the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra is amazingly affordable.
QNAP's TS-251A NAS has the ability to output video directly to an external 1080 display and is a great media streamer. The advertised on-the-fly 4K transcoding, on the other hand, proved to be weak.
Synology's DS216play NAS is a middling performer, but there's no better NAS box available for media streaming and 4K transcoding.
With a boatload of pro features and excellent performance, this is a box better suited for the small office than the home, but it streams as smoothly as any of its rivals.
Seagate's Personal Cloud 3TB NAS is only a single-bay NAS, but $140 for 3TB of storage and advanced software features is a steal.
Zyxel's NAS220 is an affordable NAS box with good streaming and backup features, but it's a bit less refined than mainstream users would want.
TerraMaster's FS-220 is relatively new to the NAS category, but it's a great performer with a promising interface.
Toshiba's new OCZ VX500 SSD line will retail for 30 cents to 37 cents per gigabyte, among the lowest for NAND flash memory.
While Seagate is lagging behind the world in SSDs it is stretching the imagination when it comes to building mechanical hard disks for different functions. In addition to the regular 3.5-inch desktop drives and 2.5-inch ‘laptop’ drives there are now hybrid versions with multiple gigabytes of NAND RAM to give SSD-like boosts in certain circumstances, drives optimised for NAS, drives optimised for Enterprise NAS and drives optimised for Security Cameras.
Here are 5 areas where OLEDs completely outperforms what LCD displays can achieve
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
- QNAP Rolls out Quad-core 4-bay TS-453BT3 Thunderbolt 3 NAS Tailored for Creative Professionals
- Synology Introduces New Data Storage Solutions for Home and Small Offices
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Agile Software Business AnalystOther
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- FTSoftware Asset ManagerACT
- FTTeam and Project Administrator - SalesforceQLD
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- FTStorage & Backup Engineer x2 - EMCOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- CCMid-level SAP ArchitectQLD
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- FTManager, PortfolioOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnology Project OfficerOther
- FTSenior Change Analyst, Governance & AssuranceOther
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTRecords AnalystOther
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- FTDesktop / SCCM EngineerOther
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- TPInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther