Former Microsoft open-source chief Sam Ramji has joined cloud-computing startup Sonoa Systems, taking over product strategy and business development at the Santa Clara, California-based company.
Servers & Storage - News
Forget the netbook or the net-top PC: How about a net-server?
Oracle has been fined over claims it made in an advertisement about the performance of its software running on Sun Microsystems server hardware.
Small to medium businesses (SMBs) are risking the loss of valuable corporate data because they are failing to take enough steps to secure their data and are not backing it up.
Unisys is introducing a new service on Wednesday that will allow its customers to better manage, secure and support mobile devices carried around by employees, company executives said on Tuesday.
Nvidia showed off a new GPU architecture on Wednesday that it hopes will allow it to move beyond gaming to play a greater role in the supercomputing market.
Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V R2 and System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 offer substantial performance and functionality enhancements over the previous editions, but support for non-Windows guests remains extremely limited.
Hewlett-Packard will make some significant updates to its Integrity server line next year to coincide with the launch of Intel's first quad-core Itanium processor, known as Tukwila, an HP executive said.
It’s been a busy few days for the whole idea of networked hard drives that provide direct Internet connections so you can get to them from everywhere. Last week, Seagate introduced DockStar, a $99 add-on for its FreeAgent Go drives that provides brow...
I’m still in the audience at the DEMOFall conference, and still taking in demonstrations of new products and services. One of the cooler ideas this morning is Symform, a small-business remote-backup service. Technically, it’s utterly unlike services ...
Cisco this week unveiled a blade addition to its Nexus line of data center switches that’s designed to aggregate multiple physical x86 blade servers from various vendors into a 10G Ethernet fabric.
Seagate has extended its Barracuda line of desktop storage drives with the introduction of its Barracuda XT product.
After 8 years of success the USB 2.0 standard has begun its long journey into obsolescence. Dutch storage company Freecom has announced the first mainstream storage product based on 'SuperSpeed' USB 3.0.
Solid-state storage earned a hot technology's badge of honor -- a backlash -- on Wednesday at the Diskcon conference in Santa Clara, California.
Steve Perlman, CEO of a company called OnLive that's readying an on-demand video game service, cringes whenever Google's gmail or other high profile Web services conk out. After all, his company's bold plan is to offer streamed access to a slew of br...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Multiple rolesQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW