IBM has for the first time taken an image of a molecule's surface, which could lead to the construction of cheaper, more power-efficient chips, the company said Thursday.
Servers & Storage - News
Pillar Data Systems on Thursday introduced what it called the first 2TB SATA hard drive for enterprise storage, which would usher in the next phase of data-center storage density.
Amazon Web Services has announced a limited beta version of its Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) service, which aims to connect a company's existing computing resources and Amazon's cloud as if they were part of one data center, Amazon said on Wednesday.
Despite a rapid rise in the sale of consumer Blu-ray Disc players due to a drop in prices and an increase in high-definition movie content, Blu-ray players in PCs are not seeing any significant increase in sales, according to iSuppli Corp.
EMC Corp. today introduced new virtualization-aware capabilities for its Clariion CX4 midrange networked storage systems, which make CX4 software and disaster recovery applications aware of connected virtual machines.
IBM today announced that its latest midrange storage array, the IBM System Storage DS5020 Express, will be available on Sept. 4.
NetApp Inc. has unveiled products and services that support cloud computing architectures used in the data centers of its enterprise-class customers.
Appirio, a company known for helping companies adopt cloud-based software, is launching a SaaS (software as a service) application for large services providers.
Cloud infrastructure provider Rackspace on Tuesday announced a new portal that will help showcase and organize tools and applications built by its partners and independent developers.
Quanta Computer, the world's largest contract notebook computer manufacturer, will put out its first cloud computing products next year as it seeks growth in new markets, the company's chairman said Monday.
Symwave, one of the first companies to design silicon for USB 3.0, is revealing more details about its SOC (system on a chip) using the high-speed standard at the Hot Chips conference on Monday.
Transcend has added a new rugged USB flash drive to its range of memory products. The Transcend JetFlash V70 is claimed to have anti-shock features, survive dust and splashes. For this, its exterior casing is made of rubber, and has a tethered cap ho...
Chip makers will describe plans to deliver server processors with eight CPU cores at the Hot Chips conference at Stanford University, though there is some debate about what the products will mean for end-users.
Oracle on Thursday said the U.S. Department of Justice has approved its US$7.4 billion acquisition of Sun Microsystems, although the deal is subject to certain conditions and still needs the blessing of European regulators.
Java framework builder SpringSource is set to provide enterprise Java developers a platform for cloud-based deployments with the unveiling on Tuesday of SpringSource Cloud Foundry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst with BPM (Business Process Modelling)Other
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- FTFull stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Data ModellerOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- FTSenior Vendor ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperOther
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTJava Network DeveloperOther
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTPayroll Project ManagerOther