The winners of PC World's Synology Showcase competition have been announced. Three lucky readers have been selected by Synology to test out a Synology DS112 network attached storage device and write a review for PC World. The winners can then keep th...
Servers & Storage - News
Western Digital announced what it said is the industry's thinnest hybrid drive for Ultrabooks, a 5mm-thick model that has 500GB capacity.
Western Digital subsidiary WD recently unveiled two sleek, thin 500GB portable external hard drives for Mac and Windows PC users. The two new drives, and the My Passport Edge for Mac, both feature USB 3.0 connectivity for transfer rates of up to 5 Gi...
I have a huge movie collection. It used to all be on VHS tapes, then I moved to DVDs, and now I'm slowly moving to Blu-Ray. That's all well and good, but along the way I decided I liked the convenience of making my hundreds of movies accessible from ...
Daily deals website Catch of the Day is running its Technothon until midday today, with low prices on a wide range of technology products.
Global cloud computing and hosting company Rackspace will soon open its first Australian data centre, in the Sydney suburb of Erskine Park. The investment is part of a multi-million dollar move to bolster the company's local presence.
PC World is running its 2012 Media Usage survey, quizzing you on your Internet browsing habits and media consumption. We're interested in learning more about how you view and share technology-related content and information. Your feedback will help u...
Hybrid drives, which combine NAND flash with spinning disk, are selling like molasses compared to SSDs and SSDs with cache, according to IHS iSuppli.
Toshiba Storage Products today announced a new line-up of solid-state drives (SSDs) using the industry's smallest lithography process to date -- 19 nanometers.
HP today announced new deduplication solutions for its StoreOnce Backup product line, including the B6200, that enable 100TB/hr backup performance.
Toshiba today announced a new line of solid-state drives that use 19-nanometer process technology, the smallest circuitry to date.
Leading storage vendor Seagate will acquire competitor LaCie, incorporating its product line-up and executives in a $188 million buy-out.
LogMeIn has released details of its cloud storage and data sharing service, Cubby. It's a service that's still in beta mode and users are required to submit their email address at Cubby.com in the hope of getting an invite to test it out.
From the hum of an old car's engine to the galunk! of a fictional plumber's fireball, sounds have an amazing ability to transport us back in time. Even just a two-second pop is often enough to bring back powerful memories of people, places, and objec...
PHOENIX - Here are two facts about Brook Colangelo 's job as the CIO of the Executive Office of President.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistACT
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityNSW
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)Other
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- TPTest AnalystSA
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTJunior Java developerACT
- CCSenior Microsoft SQL DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperOther
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTAgile Test LeadOther
- CCBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterWA
- CCManual and Automation TesterQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantOther
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTSalesforce Consultant - AdministrationQLD
- FTTest AnalystSA